PDA

View Full Version : Hooray

quercus alba
11-18-2020, 10:53 AM
Thanksgiving is cancelled. That means instead of driving four hours thanksgiving morning, I can spend it in my deerstand. After that, we'll go out to eat with some friends, come home for coffee and pie and then a nap. No muss, no fuss, no screaming kids and no wild eyed panicked women. Also, no holiday traffic and if I'm still in the mood for thanksgiving food, I'll fix jive turkey on friday.

Shaping up to be a great holiday

Thumper
11-18-2020, 11:04 AM
TBH, there's NOTHING planned here, in fact (this may sound like b/s) I have no clue when T-giving is. I know it's always on a Thursday late in the month, so I'm assuming a week from tomorrow? We no longer have family here and friends are all hunkering down, so there has been no conversation as to what we're doing. I suppose it'll be just another day for us this year.

Chicken Dinner
11-18-2020, 12:18 PM
Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday. I really enjoy the fall feast, time with extended family without all the gift bullshit and football! We’ll just have immediate family and will keep my fingers crossed for football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
11-18-2020, 01:40 PM
We usually go out to Pennsylvania to visit our kid’s godparents but that’s not happening this year.

My wife’s aunt usually has a big dinner for that side of the family but she is in her 80’s so that was canceled too.

My brother-in-law offered to host but one of my nephews just got quarantined so now we have no idea what we are going to do.

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2020, 03:00 PM
We’re in the same boat. We were set to have all four kids and families which is a tough proposition for us, but had to cancel. Covid is spreading like wildfire in Oklahoma, in particular in my zip code.

BkB

Thumper
11-18-2020, 03:25 PM
Yep, Lynn's mom is in her 80's and has a birthday somewhere around the 2nd week in November (can't remember exact day). We always go to L.A. to be with her and the family for either her birthday or Thanksgiving. It would always depend on price and availability of flights. If we went for her birthday, we'd have a birthday celebration as well as an early Thanksgiving sometime during the 10-14 days we'd be there. If we were there for T-giving, we'd have a late birthday celebration. None of that this year as it's just not worth the risk of carrying something with us after passing through the Orlando airport, sitting on a plane for a cross country flight, then passing through LAX. Plus we usually fly Delta, so if we can't get a non-stop flight, we end up also passing through the Atlanta airport. It's just not worth the risk at this point and time.

Chicken Dinner
11-19-2020, 12:14 PM
Well, I guess it’s a good thing we weren’t planning anything as my Mrs. just turned I’m up positive. I was negative, but they say I could easily caught it after the test and to act accordingly. So far, her symptoms have been mild. But, keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Bwana
11-19-2020, 01:03 PM
Prayers for you folks CD

Thumper
11-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Dang! That's scary CD. Pulling for you guys here and wish you the best.

This may be a REALLY stupid question, but there are nothing but questions these days. Do you have even an inkling or suspicion of how/where she may have contracted it?

Chicken Dinner
11-19-2020, 02:24 PM
We’ve actually been pretty careful and are almost certain we know where she picked it up. We got together with 5 other people s week ago Tuesday. While it was outdoors and socially distanced, there was was some sharing of appetizers. One of the other people showed up positive a few days later. The person she got it from got it from her boy friend who hadn’t been feeling well and had a false negative.

The bottom line is don’t let your guard down.

Thumper
11-19-2020, 02:36 PM
Wishing the best for all involved. Hope all goes well.

Chicken Dinner
11-19-2020, 03:41 PM
For the record, I brought my own cocktail in a “traveler” and didn’t touch the food. I don’t know what she was thinking!

BarryBobPosthole
11-19-2020, 04:23 PM
Yes, driving and drinking is much better than spreading the Rona.

BKB

Thumper
11-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Maybe SHE drove. ;)

Chicken Dinner
11-19-2020, 05:56 PM
Yes, driving and drinking is much better than spreading the Rona.

BKB

I wasn’t drunk. Personally, I think this whole country started to go to crap when they passed open container laws. Who cares what’s in my drink holder as long as I’m sober?