PDA

View Full Version : When did we become such a litigious society?

Thumper
11-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Ok, whatever happened to personal responsibility. I remember when McDonald's paid bazillions because some bozo ordered coffee at the drive-thru, then spilled it in her lap as she drove off. She sued because the coffee was "too hot". AND WON! WTF?

Anyway, I received this on my newsfeed the other day.

https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Sacred-Heart-University-settles-lawsuit-with-15723034.php

A college gal entered a school sponsored pancake eating contest and ended choking to death.

The family sued the school. The school sued their food service provider! WTF?

Of course there was a settlement and the family made some bucks, but whose fault was it?

Why couldn't you turn it around and blame the parents for not teaching their daughter to chew her food and not to stuff more into her piehole than she could possibly swallow?

LJ3
11-18-2020, 01:24 PM
The "guy" that sued McDonalds was severely burned and required skin grafts. Just FYI.

DeputyDog
11-18-2020, 01:43 PM
But how is it McDonald’s fault?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
11-18-2020, 02:03 PM
I think that guy was an old lady

Thumper
11-18-2020, 02:17 PM
The "guy" that sued McDonalds was severely burned and required skin grafts. Just FYI.

Ummmm,

A New Mexico civil jury awarded $2.86 million to plaintiff Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman who suffered third-degree burns in her pelvic region when she accidentally spilled hot coffee in her lap.

It's like the school above. They got sued, so they sued the people they bought the pancakes from. Where does it end? Should the pancake broker have sued the pancake manufacturer? Should the manufacturer have sued the farmer who grew the wheat? Should the farmer have sued John Deere for the combine .... never mind .. the world has gone insane and attorneys are thriving.

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2020, 03:03 PM
Why don’t they have bacon eating contests?

BKB

Thumper
11-18-2020, 03:36 PM
I did enter a rib eating contest once ... no, actually someone else entered me in a rib eating contest to represent the city. The one who entered me happened to be the MAYOR, so how could I argue? He'd seen the groceries I could devour before, so he figured I'd be a shoe-in. Ha! I didn't even come close! I was up against some big ol' boys and they were major competition as it was far from being their first rodeo! The sucky part? The ribs were GREAT ... but I didn't have time to enjoy them. I'm also a sauce guy. There was sauce provided on the tables, but I don't know why. Like who was gonna take the time?

airbud7
11-18-2020, 05:53 PM
Why do only rich people get sued?........(the answer to this thread is in that question)

Thumper
11-18-2020, 06:19 PM
It's called "deep pockets".

airbud7
11-18-2020, 06:30 PM
Lawyer talk=.....Take all they stuff!....They got Stuff!

Arty
11-18-2020, 08:59 PM
Asking a lawyer if you should sue is like asking a dog if it’s hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk