PDA

View Full Version : It’s Bedlam!

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2020, 12:07 PM
Or is it ‘Its Bedlam’. The apostrophe thing and ‘it’ never made sense to me.

It’s gone be a donnybrook I predict. Both teams are young and there really isn’t all that much Bedlam experience on either side this year. So how often do you get to see young teams learn to hate each other for the first time. On live TV! And like Joe Namath says, it’s free! or is it its free.

There ain’t any predicting what will happen. I hope for the Sooner D and running game to make the difference today though. Some 80 yard runs, ala AD at Bedlam, would be spectacular.

BKB

Thumper
11-21-2020, 12:22 PM
Or is it ‘Its Bedlam’. The apostrophe thing and ‘it’ never made sense to me. BKB

It's is the contraction for 'it is' or 'it has'. Your title would be, It is bedlam, or it's bedlam.

Its is the possessive. My truck needs its tires replaced.

You're (contraction for you are) welcome. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2020, 12:30 PM
It's is the contraction for 'it is' or 'it has'. Your title would be, It is bedlam, or it's bedlam.

Its is the possessive. My truck needs its tires replaced.

You're (contraction for you are) welcome. ;)

But why? Who made this rule? Free the apostrophe!

Thumper
11-21-2020, 12:42 PM
Then it would read: My truck needs it has (or it is) tires replaced. Does that make sense? Keep the apostrophe, or just do away with contractions! ;)

Big Muddy
11-21-2020, 12:46 PM
"""My truck needs its tires replaced."""

WTF, don't be so cheap.....buy some good tires, next time, ferchrisake !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2020, 12:49 PM
No, I’m saying make it use it’s apostrophes just like it’s supposed to. We’re smart enuf to know the diff.

See?

BKB

Big Muddy
11-21-2020, 01:13 PM
For you sadistic type folks, tune in to the SEC network at 6:30, and you can witness a true throat-slitting blood-bath, when my Dogs play the Jawguh Dawgs, tonite.....the bookies are being very generous with the 25 point spread.....it'll prolly be more like 65-3, unless Kirby Smart plays his 4th team, during the entire second half.

Leach has already run off 19(yes, 19!!!) of our good players with his day'um air raid offense sheeit.....we got nothing left except some young kids who have never set foot on a college field.....I was all-in for hiring him, but I had NO idea, whatsoever, that his air raid offense totally excluded a running game !!!.....that idiot is running only 5 or 6 running plays, each entire game!!!.....it will be like sending lambs to the slaughter, tonight !!!!!

Thumper
11-21-2020, 01:32 PM
No, I’m saying make it use it’s apostrophes just like it’s supposed to. We’re smart enuf to know the diff. See? BKB

Well, if that’s (or thats?) the case, why even bother with apostrophes at all? (And why not use a period instead of a question mark? Don’t you understand I’m asking a question?) Wouldnt (see what I did there?) we know the difference. (And see what I did there also?)

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2020, 02:41 PM
Can we return to college football now, shit disturber?

BKB

Thumper
11-21-2020, 02:59 PM
Oh, this was a football thread? My bad! ;)

Proceed.

(Shit disturber? Sheeesh, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!)

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2020, 04:52 PM
Arkansas just got royally screwed by a ref that has screwed them before and got suspended for it. SMDH. They can do better than that.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-21-2020, 06:51 PM
That’s the second time this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2020, 07:07 PM
And it happened at home.

Google Marc Curles, the head ref today. You’ll wonder how he is on a football field anywhere at this level.

BKB

Thumper
11-21-2020, 07:31 PM
Ok, ok, the game's over. Can I get back to SD'ing now? :stirthepot

quercus alba
11-21-2020, 07:32 PM
As bad as Marc Curles is, the SEC home office is the real culprit. The SEC has a team in Birmingham that reviews every targeting call as well as every call that is reviewed and coordinates with the officials at the game, in other words home office makes the decision and if you think that the SEC don’t protect the money makers then you’re as naive as a virgin.

Couple of guys said they got a screen shot of Marc Curles looking at a blank screen on the targeting call against the Pigs........in other words he was awaiting orders from Da Boss