PDA

View Full Version : Have we figured this out yet?

BarryBobPosthole
11-23-2020, 12:57 PM
I think Willy referred to our election as a national embarrassment and worthy of a third world country. So far, states have gone about their certifications and found no meaningful issues. And that means nothing they don’t see in any election. It doesn’t mean voter fraud happens in e ery election either. Most are minor human errors.
The GOP and Trump have filed over 30 lawsuits and have only won minorly in like two of them, neither which affected any outcomes.
So IMO, here’s what is a national embarrassment: We get all pissed off when players kneel for the national anthem in a meaningless football game where half the fans don’t know the words and the other half are half sober. We get all pissed off when some celebritysays something stupid like that means doodley squat. Yet we sit on ourhands when people like Sideny Powell and Ronna McDaniel and Rudy and Trump bloviate to no end about what a sorry ass crappy job our states have done running their elections and claiming there is some sort of massive fraud that exists in our very institutions with absolutely no proof. And 70% of Republicans fucking believe it! And then they shamelessly fund raise off of it to help finance their next campaign.

If you want to look at acts of blatant unpatriotic behavior, look no farther than 5e people who are embarrassing us in front of the world stage right now.

Its time to stop this.

End of rant! Have a nice day.

BKb

Penguin
11-23-2020, 01:19 PM
Things I think are 3rd world about this election:

1) Stopping election counts without even providing a reason why in most cases.
2) Which allowed many of the Republican and/or Independent poll watchers in many of these to be sent home...
3) And then resume counting for hours without awaiting the Republican poll watchers to return.
4) Or even worse making poll watchers stand 100' away from the actual work tables.
5) Having precinct after precinct in crucial swing state cities with support for one candidate that would have made Idi Amin blush in shame.

There are a lot of accusations that I feel are way out in left field. But this election has had much more than it's share of fraud. And either we outlaw mail in ballots and require government issued ID (like every country in the rest of the civilized world!!!!) or we reconcile ourselves to having these kind of issues from now on.

Will

Thumper
11-23-2020, 04:26 PM
I dunno, I kind’a thought the endless Russian collusion b/s was embarrassing.

Oh, nevermind, that was the Democrats.

Arty
11-23-2020, 07:50 PM
I dunno, I kind’a thought the endless Russian collusion b/s was embarrassing.

Oh, nevermind, that was the Democrats.

Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airbud7
11-24-2020, 03:02 AM
https://editions.lib.umn.edu/electionacademy/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2012/01/Dead.People.Voting-thumb-470x340-108152.jpg

airbud7
11-24-2020, 04:28 AM
Biden elected President; remember Gasoline is currently $1.70-2.10 per gallon. Interest rates are 2.65% for a 30 year mortgage. The stock market closed at 28,323, even though we have been fighting COVID for 9 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33%. We had the best economy ever until COVID, and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest in over 20 years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell within hours of going on the market, with multiple offers. Let’s hope the Harris/Biden Administration new leadership can build on these things and can keep them going, but if I were a betting person I would bet that the only place I will see these results will be in this post. When it all fails and the economy is tanking, they will blame Trump. Just watch. Make a copy to compare later. Posted 11-24-2020

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2020, 09:51 AM
That’s a pretty rosy picture. Maybe you oughta check the lines at your local food banks. Those folks aren’t all in line to donate, they’re there to feed their families. Ask them how their 401ks are doing while you’re there. And you forgot to mention a quarter million American souls are dead and gone while your boy golfed and pimped fake cures.

We do have a lot to be thankful for and you mentioned many of them. But maybe instead of taking credit or placing blame for where we are, maybe we pughta do somethingto help folks outright now. The election is over. Drop the politics and lets get on with living instead of politicking.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-24-2020, 09:54 AM
And, farmers have been enjoying some pretty good crop prices, as well.

Big Muddy
11-24-2020, 10:12 AM
"""Maybe you oughta check the lines at your local food banks."""

And, maybe you oughta go down that same line, and see how many of those same folks are totally capable and want a job.....not saying they're all capable, but many are completely satisfied with their lifestyle of free handouts, and are just too day'um lazy to work.....trust me, I know how the free food system works.

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Well its a good thing they aren’t getting that food on donations instead of your nickel then. Otherwise you might be pissed.

BKb

airbud7
11-24-2020, 11:02 AM
Grrrrr...Let me tell you something right now!!!......dam, I forgot what I was gonna say.?

Thumper
11-24-2020, 12:28 PM
Well, you can add me to the “tired of politics and want to move on” crowd. I haven’t tuned into ANY cable news network since maybe one or two days after Election Day. Between Trump acting like a brat kid going through the “terrible twos” and threatening to hold his breath until he turns blue, to Biden and Kamala promising to save the planet and give us all free shit, I’m done! What will all the bitching and moaning accomplish? Like Hillary said about Benghazi, “What difference, at this point, does it make?” I just want to move on, hope for the best and decide what to do 4 years from now.

Or should we play like whiny Dems and start an “impeach Biden campaign”?

airbud7
11-24-2020, 12:41 PM
I want to go Party with Hunter right now!.....I bet that little s*** is grinning from ear-to-ear and got cocaine lines as long as a damn Greyhound bus!

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2020, 01:03 PM
I’m ready for turkey and football.

In either order.

BKB

Thumper
11-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Screw football. I’m ready for Turkey and a nap! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2020, 01:32 PM
Be ause I liked it so much I bought another four packages of that turkey brine that you sent me many years ago. Good stuff!

BKb

DeputyDog
11-24-2020, 02:34 PM
My 401K was doing well until the COVID lockdowns throttled the economy. The first quarter was brutal but it’s been gaining back so far in the second half of the year.

We’ll see what happens next.

Thumper
11-24-2020, 02:55 PM
Well, the Dow just broke 30,000!! Not sure if it has to do with the Corona vaccine being released or the Biden election, but I'm sure the Repubs will claim it's because they invented the vaccine and the Dems will claim it's because everyone knows Biden's gonna save Planet Earth. So who knows?

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2020, 03:01 PM
A/B, you like theme songs! Here’s mine for what’s left of the ass end of 2020.

BKB

https://youtu.be/YSFi7upoXfc

Arty
11-24-2020, 03:43 PM
maybe we pughta do somethingto help folks outright now. The election is over. Drop the politics and lets get on with living instead of politicking.

BKB

Tell pelosi and the Dems that... they are the ones that cock blocked relief bills the last 2-3 months. All because of the election and nothing more

johnboy
11-24-2020, 03:56 PM
Well, as a keen international (from your perspective) observer of all things American politics, I can say with total conviction that some pretty hinky shit went down during this election process. Sorry for the technical term but it seems to fit.

I would like to ask the average Biden voter the importance rating of these two things - 1. A fair and honest election or 2. Getting rid of Trump. I think I know the answer.

As for a Biden Presidency, which almost seems inevitable now, no clue how that will work out. How does a man suffering from the early stages of senile dementia deal with the crazies in his own party (a substantial number) as well as the bad actors out in the real world. I don't really see him going toe to toe with Xi or Kim or Putin or any of them. Iran? Who the fuck knows? Who will really be in charge? His wife? Beats me.

"Leader of the free world"? Good luck with that.

Big Muddy
11-24-2020, 04:53 PM
My prediction is we'll be in some sorta war in the Middle East in less than 12 months.....h3ll, it might happen right here in downtown USA.....our enemies know this admin. is full of hot air and unicorn farts. ;)

airbud7
11-24-2020, 06:11 PM
A/B, you like theme songs! Here’s mine for what’s left of the ass end of 2020.

BKB

https://youtu.be/YSFi7upoXfc

Dude I love Stapleton!.....never heard that one...Thanks

Thumper
11-24-2020, 06:19 PM
Here's a recent headline during the Trump administration:

The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957

Now I read this:

Joe Biden named former Secretary of State John Kerry as the special climate envoy, a sign the president-elect is putting global warming at the center of his foreign policy.

The Biden administration will push countries to transition away from coal, oil and natural gas, develop renewable power and advanced batteries, and conserve delicate ecosystems such as forests. The job will require Kerry to go beyond advocating for action under the UN framework for climate.

Yeah right. Give me a frigging break .... :moon

airbud7
11-24-2020, 06:39 PM
create a problem so you can fix it.

Buckrub
11-24-2020, 10:13 PM
The national embarrassment will be coming, as will a massive case of buyer's remorse. But a House Divided, and all that. Seems inevitable. Who knows.

Chicken Dinner
11-24-2020, 10:38 PM
“Leader of the Free World” was abdicated four years ago as a central plank of Trump’s American First policy. We can argue if that’s a good policy or not. But, let’s not pretend that’s not what Trump ran and governed on.

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2020, 08:01 AM
And FYI, we are not ‘energy independent’ as your orange boy says we are. We may be a net exporter of oil and natiral gas but we’re far from being not reliant on foriegn sources of oil, in particular the Middle East.
The fact is, whether you or anyone else wants to believe it or not, our energy independence is driven by our connectedness to the world and not our isolation from it. Remove a key foreign piece of production somewhere else in the world and just see if you don’tsee our prices jump at the pump.

BKB

Thumper
11-25-2020, 08:14 AM
Party pooper!

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2020, 08:27 AM
I wasn’t the one who tied the success of a president to the price of gas. When and if we ever get a president that can control internation markets and crude oil prices, we will have a magician and not a president.
Its bogus for any president to brag about how ‘they’ reduced gasoline prices. Their policies may make a bit of difference but not as much as the braggarts would like to admit.

BKB

Buckrub
11-25-2020, 09:53 AM
Biden won without telling what his core beliefs are, not once, and he was never asked. He won by being "Not Trump". Next election (if we figure out how to fix our broken election process), the winner will be "Not Biden".

I care. But the crappie and the deer do not. I do know 2020 is not a year I ever want to repeat, even at 10%..........

airbud7
11-25-2020, 10:07 AM
Well said Bucky

DeputyDog
11-25-2020, 02:17 PM
This just in.......Interesting read.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2020/11/24/special-report-stealing-presidency-2020

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2020, 02:42 PM
Hahahahaha...so you’re, excuse me, they’re saying the reason that the republican party had no platform this election cycle is thefault of the media?
You’re gonna have to try harder than that.

By the way, this is the Republican Party Platform. And they blame the media too. Mean old media.
BKB

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/docs/Resolution_Platform_2020.pdf

airbud7
11-25-2020, 02:55 PM
Barry....who got more media time... Tara Reade or Stormy Daniels?

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2020, 03:38 PM
Y’all change the subject a lot!

BKB

DeputyDog
11-25-2020, 03:46 PM
There was no mention In my post or the attached article about the Republican platform (or lack of one, in your opinion). It simply shows results of a survey that indicates that a sizable number of voters in key states that voted for Biden would not have if they had been aware of one or more stories about Biden that were not covered by the mainstream media.

I find it odd that the Republicans gained seats in the House if the voters had an issue with their party’s platform.

Must be a lot of voters like the Republican Party, just not Trump.

I don’t remember seeing any fact check labels on social media story about Trump and Russian collusion like there has been on stories about voter fraud or Hunter Biden.

This is another reason why this election process has “Third World” being used to describe it. The media selected their candidate and only covered them with positive stories, ignored any negative questions about the candidate, and only presented negative stories on the other candidate.

Thumper
11-25-2020, 04:07 PM
This just in.......Interesting read.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2020/11/24/special-report-stealing-presidency-2020

Well, I hate politics about as much as I hate the media these days. Like statistics, you can use the same statistics for or against most anything ... it all depends on how you want to present them. The same with polling. Choose where, when and whom you want to poll and chances are, you can get the results you're looking for. Change the above criteria with a few minor adjustments, and you could easily get the results you were NOT looking for. I loved this sentence in the story your link provided: (all highlights from here on are mine)

To measure the true effect of the media’s censorship on the election, the Media Research Center asked The Polling Company to survey 1,750 Biden voters in seven swing states ....

Ok, here's who the Media Research Center is:

The Media Research Center (MRC) is an American politically conservative content analysis group based in Reston, Virginia, founded in 1987 by L. Brent Bozell III. It characterizes itself as a media watchdog, whereas Brian Montopoli in the Columbia Journalism Review in 2005 considered it "propaganda clothed as critique"

Who is Brozell, you ask?

Leo Brent Bozell is an American conservative writer and activist who founded the Media Research Center.

Who is "The Polling Company"? (Whom the MRC asked to perform the polling)

In 1995, Kellyanne Conway founded her own firm, The Polling Company.

Who is Kellyanne Conway? Oh, come on ... everybody knows her as the Counselor to the President! ;)

Polling companies are paid businesses. Whom do you think would have paid for that poll? And only an average of 250 people were polled from each state? Sounds like a "targeted audience" to me. "Someone" paid MRC, who in turn paid TPC. I would have to think they wouldn't want to disappoint their client by coming up with negative results. I just have to wonder what results a more left leaning polling company would have obtained for a more left leaning organization?

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2020, 07:54 PM

airbud7
11-25-2020, 07:56 PM
You won.

airbud7
11-25-2020, 08:00 PM
“I'll be back!” ...:Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arty
11-25-2020, 09:01 PM
There was no mention In my post or the attached article about the Republican platform (or lack of one, in your opinion). It simply shows results of a survey that indicates that a sizable number of voters in key states that voted for Biden would not have if they had been aware of one or more stories about Biden that were not covered by the mainstream media.

I find it odd that the Republicans gained seats in the House if the voters had an issue with their party’s platform.

Must be a lot of voters like the Republican Party, just not Trump.

I don’t remember seeing any fact check labels on social media story about Trump and Russian collusion like there has been on stories about voter fraud or Hunter Biden.

This is another reason why this election process has “Third World” being used to describe it. The media selected their candidate and only covered them with positive stories, ignored any negative questions about the candidate, and only presented negative stories on the other candidate.

Well said.

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2020, 09:13 PM
The only thing third world about any of that is Donald Trump. Hunter Biden has been investigated up one side and down the other. By REPUBLICANS. They wanted an October surprise, but there was nothing there. The Mueller investigation, by REPUBlICANS, garnered 199 criminal charges, 37 indictments or guilty pleas, and 5 prison sentences.

There is nothing whatsoe er the two investigations have in common,other than they were both conducted by republican administrations.

So maybe yourbeef oughta be with republicans. Those RINOs your yellow turd boy keeps throwing out of the party.

BkB

Buckrub
11-26-2020, 11:23 AM
I've figured it out. I think. Well maybe.....it's actually simple.

"Your guy" can do no wrong. IF "your guy" gets caught doing anything wrong, the following invariably happens:
-YOU discount his evil deeds as a big 'nothing'.
-YOU try to defend those evil deeds by stating how bad the OTHER guy is.
-YOU forget all of history, or twist it so that you remember only the part that vindicated "your guy".
-YOU honestly and sincerely cannot possibly admit that the evil deeds (see above) actually happened, since "YOUR people" say it didn't.
-YOU often think the End justifies the Means.

Who is "YOU"?? Well, it's me......and you.......and everybody. If I'm wrong, say so.

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2020, 10:11 AM
Nobody’s ever seen anything like it.

BKB

airbud7
11-27-2020, 11:17 AM
I've been to three World Fair's and two goat fucking's and I ain't never seen nothing like this!

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2020, 11:46 AM
A/B for the last time, you’re supposed to ROPE the goats.

BKB

airbud7
11-27-2020, 12:34 PM
I keep forgetting that shit Barry!.....Grrrrr!....:D

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2020, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately, I can’t forget this shit.....

BKB

airbud7
11-27-2020, 02:50 PM
Biden reminds me of Al Gore!.....except dumber.

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2020, 03:00 PM
Only Biden doesn’t wear a diaper.

Trump not only acts like a three year old...

BKB

airbud7
11-27-2020, 03:03 PM
Hillary got doo doo stain draws and yet you still voted for her.....just saying.

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2020, 03:11 PM
Hillary’s Drawers .....band name!

airbud7
11-27-2020, 03:55 PM
hahahaha!.....now that's funny Barry!.....Love you Brother!

PS: I love you for being a Democrat.....I don't need 100% one-sided opinions....Cappy said you're the coolest Democrat he ever met...

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2020, 04:06 PM
You know we all take this stuff way too seriously don’t you?

BK!

Thumper
11-27-2020, 04:57 PM
Barry’s a Dumpacrap. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2020, 06:12 PM
Whereas Thumper is a Shitdisturblican..

BKB

airbud7
11-27-2020, 06:20 PM
You know we all take this stuff way too seriously don’t you?

BK!

Yes Sir!......You are a cool dude!....(i know that).....

PS: Monica Lewinsky still looks good!......I would hit it!!!....:D

Thumper
11-27-2020, 06:51 PM
Whereas Thumper is a Shitdisturblican.. BKB

Try sayin' that real fast 5 times! :D

Penguin
12-04-2020, 11:20 AM
Well I guess it is time to make another judgment on this...

I can now state that if you discount the dozens of credible legal declarations of fishy behavior and even video evidence of ballot counting that is against the law we can state with certainty that there was no election fraud this time around. :)

It's good to have that said and done with. What's next?

Will

BarryBobPosthole
12-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Well I guess it is time to make another judgment on this...

I can now state that if you discount the dozens of credible legal declarations of fishy behavior and even video evidence of ballot counting that is against the law we can state with certainty that there was no election fraud this time around. :)

It's good to have that said and done with. What's next?

Will

It looks to be a long, hard winter. I sure hope they’re wrong but they’re projecting over a half million gone. I sure hope every single Goodhunter makes it through to spring!

BKB

Penguin
12-04-2020, 11:27 AM
Me too... my tiny mountain villa lost two of its members in the past couple weeks to Covid. One of them in the family.

It's no joke, that's a fact. It's just so damned unpredictable and chaotic. My uncle lost his wife this week and never even caught it despite days of taking care of her in their home. Risk just can't be understood or predicted well at this point.

Will

Chicken Dinner
12-04-2020, 01:21 PM
My wife and I have been down with it for over two weeks. We’re blessed to have have relatively mild cases. But, I will say there were still some dark thoughts along the way. This thing is no hoax, folks!

DeputyDog
12-04-2020, 02:28 PM
I have had several friends and relatives get it to various degrees. Everything from asymptomatic to death. My inlaw’s neighbor and another family friend have died from Covid complications.

I’m taking it seriously but I’m also not cowering in fear in my home. We’ve not been eating out even though the restaurants are open for that, and do wear a mask when going into stores.

BarryBobPosthole
12-04-2020, 02:36 PM
Seems like that’s about all we can do, DD.
BKB