PDA

View Full Version : Desk Ideas

BarryBobPosthole
02-15-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm redoing my home office completely and have gotten rid of the armoire style desk I had in there that housed my monitor, PC tower, printer, and all the extra crap that went along with it. I've also redeployed all the old chairs and furniture and stuff in there as well. I'm looking for ideas on a writing desk that I'll use as my new work station in there. Since I use a laptop and likely the biggest thing on the desk will be an IMAC and a small printer, I can really just get by with a writing desk. I don't need file space or any of that stuff.
so I'm looking for ideas for maybe an oak antique writing desk about 54X30 or so and a confy office chair to go with it. the only other thing in that office is a music stand and four guitars and a uke hanging on the walls and one wall is a bookshelf crammed full of stuff, some of it is actually books.
anybody got any ideas on a good desk they've tried out?

BKB

Buckrub
02-15-2013, 10:02 PM
We just threw out the pieces of the put-together cheapo desk that was my work desk for all my years of working at home. My wife moved the solid wood desk, same size, in here from the farm, that was her brothers.

This desk, however, does not have one of those sliding out thingies for a keyboard. I didn't use it for that, because I had a laptop. And since I've gotten rid of home desktop and have home laptops only. So I would have thought I'd not miss that little sliding out keyboard thingy, but boy do I!!!! It was very handy to put stuff on, a writing surface that I don't have with this laptop in the way, up close to edge of desk. I miss it a lot. Bet you will too.

Other than that, no. Oddly enough, Office Depot has nice desks and chairs.