PDA

View Full Version : College football

DeputyDog
12-09-2020, 06:26 PM
I’m interested in your thoughts about the Big Ten changing it’s pre-season rule on teams playing a minimum of 6 games to qualify for the conference championship after the Ohio State-Michigan game was canceled which put the worthless nuts below that threshold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
12-09-2020, 06:46 PM
I think they’d do whatever they had to do in order to perform fellatio on Ohio State.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Naked hypocrisy at its worst.

BarryBobPosthole
12-09-2020, 07:21 PM
So, basically a 6-0 team is going to the CFP.

And this is supposedly better than the BCS.

What a crock.

The ESPN CFP.

BKB

quercus alba
12-09-2020, 08:05 PM
$$$$$$$$

BarryBobPosthole
12-10-2020, 12:15 PM
Get this: So in a year when we don’t even know if there will be bowl games and if we do they will be like normal games, LSU decides to punish themselves for booster payments to players (lookin at you OBJ) by forgoing a bowl game this year. Thats rather large of them.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-10-2020, 01:11 PM
Not to mention they’re 3-5 and probably aren’t going to a bowl anydamnway!

DeputyDog
12-10-2020, 01:13 PM
$$$$$$$$

Exactly! Prior to the season the AD’s of the 14 schools UNANIMOUSLY voted that a team had to play a minimum of 6 games to qualify for the conference championship. With the OSU-Michigan game getting canceled, that left OSU with a total of 5 games.

So with them being rated in the top four and pretty much going to the playoffs, keeping them out would open up questions about other teams with better records and possibly conferences championships being excluded which would call the legitimacy of the playoffs into more question.

Of course the fact that the conference would get an additional $6 million for putting a team into the playoffs might have had a “small” part in the decision.

quercus alba
12-10-2020, 02:46 PM
They can spout off all they want about the student athlete and amateur status but the fact of the matter is college sports is a BIG money business and the majority of the coaches, AD's, and conference commissioners are shady to say the least and downright crooked at worst. Shoot, Dave Bliss at Baylor tried to cover his back by asking the team to say that a murdered teammate was a drug dealer.

Where big money is involved honesty and integrity fly right out the window and the SEC and Big 10/14 and the NCAA are all in bed together as the ringleaders

quercus alba
12-10-2020, 02:56 PM
Wake Forest basketball player Oliver Sarr transferred to Kentucky this year and asked for a waiver for immediate eligibility and it was granted even tho he did not meet the requirements of either the NCAA or the SEC. SEC commissioner Greg Sankey even went so far as to tell the other 13 teams that this was a "Special Circumstance" and would not be granted to anyone else so don't even ask.

Hypocrisy at it's finest

BarryBobPosthole
12-10-2020, 04:12 PM
Baylor still hasn’t cleaned up its act. And they won’t.

BKB

quercus alba
12-10-2020, 05:44 PM
Need Ken Starr to come in and straighten that out

BarryBobPosthole
12-10-2020, 05:56 PM
lol, just like last time! If there’s tawdry sex going on, Ken’s your man!

BKB

airbud7
12-10-2020, 06:54 PM
What would be interesting would be if Ohio State makes it to the championship game and two days before the game, Ohio State has a severe COVID-19 outbreak..................I guess the Big Ten would just overlook the COVID-19 and let them play, or the Big Ten would just decide to vote them as Champions.

quercus alba
12-10-2020, 07:08 PM
They’ve basically done that already with their schedule this year

BarryBobPosthole
12-10-2020, 08:37 PM
I seriously doubt they would have made this same exception for Northwestern. They should have put Indiana in there against Northwestern. They played by the rules, did what they were supposed to, and got screwed by their conference.

BKB

DeputyDog
12-10-2020, 08:57 PM
You know damn well they wouldn’t have changed the rule for anyone else. No one else has a shot at making the playoffs and getting the $6 mil for being a playoff team.

DeputyDog
12-10-2020, 08:58 PM
I am far from being an IU fan but they got screwed. This was their best football team in over 50 years.

BarryBobPosthole
12-10-2020, 10:05 PM
...... This was their best football team in over 50 years.

I can remember a time, granted I may or may not have been shaving yet, when having the best team in 50 years would have made 99% of fans ecstatic. I hate it that the byproduct of the current ‘playoff’ system (and I use the term loosely) is that what happens in the season means much less than it used to. I think it’ll lead to more cheating. Posthole’s Postulate: Where there’s money there’s assholes

BKB

DeputyDog
12-10-2020, 11:20 PM
This was a legitimately good team. They got as high as 13 in the rankings which was their highest since 1987 and them having a shot at a conference championship would have been their first since they played in the 1968 Rose Bowl.

BarryBobPosthole
12-11-2020, 10:00 AM
Speaking of legitimate.....ahem....there are three OU quarterbacks starting in the NFL this weekend. Not too shabby!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
12-11-2020, 10:35 AM
Just saw a news item that Ohio State at one time seriously considered adding Ohio University to their late schedule to meet the six game rule.
Wonder how the rest of the league would feel about that?

BkB

quercus alba
12-11-2020, 10:56 AM
They're Bama north.........untouchable

DeputyDog
12-11-2020, 11:05 AM
I think the only person happy that the OSU-Michigan game was canceled was Harbaugh because he won’t lose to them again.

Chicken Dinner
12-11-2020, 11:54 AM
While I’d think a rematch between IU and tOSU would be fun to watch, IU had their chance and lost. I’m not sure they’re getting screwed here.

BarryBobPosthole
12-11-2020, 12:15 PM
No denying that CD, but I was talking about qualifying for the championship game. Rematches happen. IU was next up for qualifying if the conference hadn’t waived the rule. I don’t know if they’d win either, but I can certainly relate to fans wanting their team to get another shot since OU is in exactly the same spot IU would have been in. A chance to reddem itself for an earlier loss is a big incentive.
BKB

DeputyDog
12-11-2020, 12:44 PM
While I’d think a rematch between IU and tOSU would be fun to watch, IU had their chance and lost. I’m not sure they’re getting screwed here.

Because ALL of the conference AD’s agreed before the season on a six game minimum to qualify for the conference championship game. OSU only played 5 games making them ineligible under the agreement. IU would have been the east division representative for the first time ever since the championship was introduced. But since OSU had a chance to make the conference an additional $6 mil by making the CFB playoff they changed the rules.

Trust me I’m not complaining because I’m an IU fan because I’m not. I went to Purdue and cannot stand IU. Maybe I’m just getting tired of the previously agreed upon rules getting changed in order to get the preferred outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ka

Chicken Dinner
12-11-2020, 02:00 PM
I’m with you 100% on the overall douchebaggery of the tOSU situation.

quercus alba
12-11-2020, 02:23 PM
I wish the Suckeyes would come to the SEC. I'm not saying they're inferior to the other teams in the league but they'd lose three games a year just from the crooked officiating

Chicken Dinner
12-11-2020, 03:47 PM
Word.

Chicken Dinner
12-12-2020, 08:49 AM
Do the Hawgs have any chance of pulling the upset against Bama today? I sure would love to see it...

quercus alba
12-12-2020, 09:26 AM
less than zero. We gave up 50 points to a Missouri team that had averaged 21 points a game.......Bama averages 50, plus we're down several starters. I doubt we could beat either the Cowboys or the Jets

Chicken Dinner
12-12-2020, 10:01 AM
Dang, that certainly doesn’t sound too promising.

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2020, 10:38 AM
I almost hate turning on ESPN Gameday because I know their pimping will piss me off but I’m really excited for the Army Navy game today.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2020, 01:23 PM
The Piggies look good so far! Some stupid play calling in the red zone but they are keeping the Tide offense off the field.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-13-2020, 06:40 AM
That didn’t last long. But, lots of other upsets as Florida and Miami were both exposed. Best of all, Virginia Tech takes back the Commonwealth Cup. Now 15 out of the last 16 years.

BarryBobPosthole
12-13-2020, 08:18 AM
I hate to be critical ya know, but 110% of the Piggies’ awful performance was self inflicted. Sure, Bama is good, but Arkansas wasn’t having any of that. They wanted them to look wonderful. Jaysus boys. Try baseball maybe. I think that’s where this covid thing has really bitten football in the ass. The key player missing for Arkansas was a center who is most def gonna play on Sundays. The alrernating qb thing was weird. I have hardly ever seen that work out.
Anywho, Florida got they asses beat! Northwestern won and they’ll move up.

BKB

Buckrub
12-13-2020, 12:14 PM
Hogs sucked. But after about 20 years of ridiculous incompetence, we have turned the corner. Of that, I am confident. My measuring stick is Jason Peters. LOL. Sucker was a Tight End for Houston Nutt........who's been gone for about forever, or so. He's still playing!!

We now have an AD who knows what is what. And we now have Football AND Basketball coaches that will win. Football recruiting takes a couple of years. Basketball can be done immediately. But they will both be winners.

Add that to one of the best baseball coaches in America, best women's basketball coach, and a track program that no other school in America can compare to historically, and I'm a Buyer for the first time in a long time.

Nick Satan is not going to be there forever. He looks old.

Chicken Dinner
12-14-2020, 03:45 AM
Nick Satan is not going to be there forever. He looks old.

I keep saying that about Coach K and he just keep at it like Father Time.

quercus alba
12-14-2020, 10:38 AM
I wonder which direction Malzahn will go now. I actually suspect his job was safe until the video of him bustin a move after the game went viral.

Chad Morris the Program Killa. Maybe Dabo will rescue his career and give him a job handwashing jock straps

BarryBobPosthole
12-14-2020, 10:55 AM
Do you think they think have a shot at Urban the Tool?

The guy had not just a winning record but a damned impressive one, 68-35, eight bowls in eight years, a bcs appearance, I just don’t get it. Had to be something else going on. Maybe he’s just a dirtbag. But they’re used to dirtbags like Malzahn and Tuberville and Chizic andMalzahn was part of the braintrust that recruited, no bought and paid for, Cam Newton.

Maybe they just turned over a new leaf! That’s gotta be it for such a program of nice giys.

BKB