PDA

View Full Version : Murder

quercus alba
12-11-2020, 11:09 AM
I really enjoy a good whodunit and have started watching the Investigative channel and it sure seems like there's a lot of small town murders and it got me to thinking about people I knew who had met a violent end. I had a very good friend got crosswise of the Crips and he and his father were murdered by a thug named James "DooDoo" Smith. I had a cousin got in debt to the mob down in Houston and ended up on a slab under mysterious circumstances. At least 3 guys I've worked with have been shot and killed and at least eight to ten......maybe a dozen people that I knew to speak to have been murdered. Now that I think about it, it probably is more than that.

It's amazing how many murders take place in small town America when you stop and think about it

Thumper
12-11-2020, 11:43 AM
Wow. I’ll be 69 years old next month and can’t say that I’ve EVER personally known anyone who’s been murdered. Accidents and suicides are a different story.

quercus alba
12-11-2020, 11:56 AM
Guess I've just been lucky.....

BarryBobPosthole
12-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Can’t say that I know anyone personally that was slain in anger. A pair of twin girls that were from my hometown got murdered by Richard Speck but they were several years older than me.

BKB

Thumper
12-11-2020, 12:24 PM
I know of one “suspected” murder, but it wasn’t “official” suspicion (just mine). He was wealthy and out on his very large boat with his wife and another couple. There’d been some drinking and partying going on and he and his wife ended up fighting. The next morning, he was gone! The boat captain, the wife and the other couple all said they didn’t see or hear anything during the night. The Coast Guard exhausted their search and finally called it off, then the family (sons) paid a private pilot to fly grids for a week or two looking for him. No body was ever found or recovered. The only hinky thing about it is the huge fight he and his wife had before he disappeared. I’ve always wondered if she didn’t knock him in the head and he became fish bait. I was very close to the family and actually referred to them as aunt and uncle.

DeputyDog
12-11-2020, 12:26 PM
Outside of people that I’ve met through my job, I’ve only known one person who was murdered. A guy I went to high school with was killed over a girl a couple of years after we graduated.

QA, so is the show Ozark based on you? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
12-11-2020, 01:26 PM
Had to google Ozark to see what it was...nope not as far as I know. I didn't really realize it was that many and I probably missed a few. I worked with a guy named Joey who beat up a little mexican twice and was gonna try it again but got shot for his trouble. Bart Nelams slapped a gay guy that took exception to it and killed him. Clyde spence was shot by a guy he'd fired. Paula Seegar had her throat cut by a guy that broke in on her, Chan Askew beat his grandmother to death with a baseball bat, Rosie Simmons pushed her boyfriend out in front of a pickup. Rat Ryan stabbed Gary Dale Pickett to death, Pete Richardson was murdered in the line of duty, Doug powell shot and killed a guy. several more that I knew peripherally or have forgotten. I worked with another guy forgot his name that murdered a man and sunk him in the creek. Donnie Smith got killed messing with another mans wife.

Wow, that's a lot and no telling the ones I missed.

I almost forgot about Orange, he got shot in the head with a 243 while he was working on his motorcycle

Thumper
12-11-2020, 03:39 PM
Remind me to avoid Saratoga!

BarryBobPosthole
12-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Damn, Thumper I started reading your post and thought it was goingto end up being Natalie Wood!

BKB

Thumper
12-11-2020, 06:31 PM
Ha! Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar, doesn’t it? Actually, I believe the Natalie Wood think was in the 80’s and this happened in 1969. I was 17 years old at the time.

Big Muddy
12-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Everybody down this way knows that, if you wanna get away with murder, you dump the body in the river in Humphreys County.....nobody down there knows how to swim. ;)

airbud7
12-11-2020, 10:48 PM
some dude around here tried to swim with a cinder block tied to his ankle...talk about a dumb ass!...:D

Thumper
12-11-2020, 10:53 PM
Reminds me of when I lived in Vicksburg. This is totally inappropriate, but it’s the truth. I’ll clean up the terminology a bit to make it slightly cleaner than the original. I was working at the Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick, GMC & Opal dealer at the time. We had a Sheriff’s deputy in the shop and my dad asked him what he’d been up to.

He said he’d been working down at the river all day as they’d just pulled a black dude out of the river with about 50-feet of log chain wrapped all around him. My dad asked if they had any idea who the killer was and he said, no killer, it’s been classified as an accidental drowning. Dad asked how that could be and he replied, “The ni...r obviously stole more chain than he could swim with!”

I know, I know, I’ll delete it if ya’ want. This was in Mississippi in the 60’s and was just an off-color joke.

airbud7
12-12-2020, 12:58 AM
hahahahahaha!!!

Thumper
12-12-2020, 07:29 AM
I’m a little uncomfortable posting that tbh, but it’s a true story. I mean, it was a joke, but the circumstances of the delivery is true.