PDA

View Full Version : Is Y'all Woke?

Buckrub
12-13-2020, 09:45 PM
https://www.wbrc.com/2020/12/11/north-face-turns-back-texas-oil-gas-company-refuses-jacket-order/

So much of this woke crap is full of irony and hypocrisy. But this one is way up there. I guess they have no idea what their overpriced junk is made from.

I don't own any, never will now. I love Electricity and Gasoline. Makes life great.

airbud7
12-13-2020, 10:38 PM
I would make sure their employees ride bikes to work .....or walk:walk

I hate a damn hypocrite

Big Muddy
12-14-2020, 12:55 AM
I've owned one piece-of-sheeit North Face jacket.....they're made for the uptown yuppy crowd, and will freeze your azz off.....and, don't even get near a sparkling campfire, or the sparks will burn holes in that nylon shell in an instant.....if you wanna stay safe and warm, go with anything made by Carhartt.

Chicken Dinner
12-14-2020, 03:41 AM
That’s ridiculous on so many levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airbud7
12-14-2020, 04:07 AM
Carhartt....nobody beats Carhartt.

Thumper
12-14-2020, 07:11 AM
Frigging idiots .... and hypocrites. I'd be willing to guess the jackets they refused to sell contained products made from petroleum. I wonder if they have a parking lot? Or just bike racks? How do they move their products? Wind-up toy trucks? Do their offices have heating and air conditioning? You could carry this line of questioning out forever. I just did a quick scan through their website and randomly picked a product or two under "backpacks". Each item I looked at contained nylon as well as polyester ... both made from crude oil. Some 'interesting' stuff comes up if you Google something similar to "North Face sweatshops". But who cares about that as long as they don't use petroleum products? The North Face is owned by VF Corp. I pulled up a list of their manufacturing sites, but it's 32 pages long! Put it this way, a vast majority of them are in 3rd world countries ... but Asia (mostly China) is, by far, at the top of the list. I'm sure these manufacturers use nothing but "natural materials".

441 factories in Asia
61 in Central America
57 in N. America
51 in Europe
41 in S. America
26 in Africa
6 in the Middle East

Buckrub
12-14-2020, 11:47 AM
You'd be willing to bet???????? LOLOLOL!!! THUMP! That was the main point of the article..........that you didn't read!

But you did real good, son, without reading it. GOOD job!! :D

Penguin
12-14-2020, 01:38 PM
Hehe... What a bunch of dweebs.

My cedar closet full of Filson wool laughs at their synthetic "tourist pattern" camo. :)

Will

Thumper
12-14-2020, 02:27 PM
You'd be willing to bet???????? LOLOLOL!!! THUMP! That was the main point of the article..........that you didn't read!

But you did real good, son, without reading it. GOOD job!! :D

Ummm yeah, I get it. I just wanted to carry it on out a little farther (further?), do a bit more research and get down to the nitty-gritty, that's all. No biggie.

BarryBobPosthole
12-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Sorry, but was it y’all or somebody else that was going on and on about ‘cancel culture’.

Must’ve been somebody else because y’all would never......

BKB

Thumper
12-14-2020, 02:50 PM
I guess I’m a little behind. Since I had to Google it, it obviously wasn’t me.

airbud7
12-14-2020, 02:53 PM
‘cancel culture’...what the f*** does that even mean?

damn all these new words.....systemic racism, white supremacy, inclusive, diversity?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/71/6e/91/716e91702b5068f24591bbdc051abeb0.jpg

Buckrub
12-14-2020, 06:34 PM
I'm dang sure a White Nationalist. Only thing I cancel are checks. Only boycott I take part in is to boycott boycotts. "Cancel Culture" normally means eliminating something that is worthy of retention. This ain't that.

airbud7
12-14-2020, 07:23 PM
LGBQRSTUVWXYZ.....I ain't telling y'all what that stands for so don't even ask.