PDA

View Full Version : I been putting off getting input on this.....

Big Muddy
12-15-2020, 12:07 PM

BarryBobPosthole
12-15-2020, 12:11 PM
I think I’d just pull the kid to one side and have a frank conversation with him. I wouldn’t threaten him, but I think something along the lines of “I don’t know if I can keep that place open to everyone if I can’tget this under control and I need your help”.

And after second time if required I’d just personally disinvite him and let him explain it to his old man.

Or....you could let your wife handle it!

BKB

Thumper
12-15-2020, 12:14 PM
Number one, it sounds like you need to adopt me into the family.

Number two, even if the rest clean up after themselves and follow the rules, they’re still taking advantage of you if they never offer anything in exchange.

Number three, invite the kid to your next “work party” and if he shows up, work his little ass off!

Number four, anyone who pokes their lips out, invite THEM to the next work party!

You’re welcome. ;)

Big Muddy
12-15-2020, 12:32 PM
Once, I did jokingly, mention that this wasn't a Holiday Inn or a swanky hunting lodge.

Thumper
12-15-2020, 12:45 PM
Sounds like hunting heaven to me! I remember when I had my “big boat”, friends were lined up wanting to go fishing. I’d get everything set up and put in at the marina, then they’d roll into the marina parking lot ready to board. We’d head out, spend a day in the Gulf, head back to the marina at the end of the day, then they’d jump out, get in their cars and head home. I’d get loaded up, stop to fill the tanks back up with $120 worth of gas, then still have to wash the boat (salt water) when I got home. Don’t even mention maintenance on boat, motor, out drive, trailer, tires, etc. etc. etc. It got old real fast.

airbud7
12-15-2020, 12:56 PM
Number one, it sounds like you need to adopt me into the family.

You’re welcome. ;)

hahahahaha!...my first thought after reading his post!...:D

kids gonna be kids.....but yeah, pull one or two to the side and get on his/her butt!

Buckrub
12-15-2020, 01:01 PM
My input is useless. But Peace is overrated.

quercus alba
12-15-2020, 01:28 PM
First off I understand your reluctance to ask this bunch for advice. Then ask yourself a question

Is keeping peace in the family at any cost worth it?

If the answer is yes then you already know what to do. If the answer is no then you already know what to do. I don't envy you either way my friend.

DeputyDog
12-15-2020, 02:32 PM
Would it help to talk to his dad first or would that start a family fight. If not, talk to the dad and have him handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
12-15-2020, 02:42 PM
I'm really leaning toward opting out of it, and letting my wife handle it.....she is much more of a level-headed mediator than I am.....I might get pushed too far, and biatch slap somebody. ;)

Bwana
12-15-2020, 03:00 PM
The boy needs an explanation of how to properly treat someone who is giving them such a wonderful gift. It would appear to me that his father could also stand to learn the same.

The only person getting the short end of the stick at this time is you BM. Sounds to me like a level-headed explanation of what is expected in return for your generosity is long overdue.

I don't mean to overstep my bounds...but YOU asked. ;-)

jb
12-15-2020, 03:10 PM
Up here we call it a "Come to Jesus Meeting"
Lay it out on the table, no threats, no punishment, just "This is how it's done here"
He's and adult now, he should be able to handle it, if not, may have to take a year or two off.
The longer you put it off, the harder it's going to be to handle him.
Good Luck.

airbud7
12-15-2020, 04:25 PM
I might get pushed too far, and biatch slap somebody. ;)
hahahaha!....I can relate, my son in his last two years of high school was very popular, and his friends sure did love love to eat!

no pie for me?.....Little f**K*** ate it all

airbud7
12-15-2020, 04:44 PM
it was strawberry cheesecake!.....Thick strawberry cheesecake!....they ate it all, did not leave me a crumb!.....5 years later and I'm still pissed off!..........:D

Thumper
12-21-2020, 07:47 AM
Well ..... ????