PDA

View Full Version : Christmas & New Years Plans 2020

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2020, 10:07 AM

What a difference a year makes. Last year we were getting ready for a houseful of grown kids and grandkids, working on our Christmas Dinner menu, and had the lights up both inside and out. On New Years we spent four days in Nashville partying amd spent NYE at the Ryman seeing Old Crow Medicine Show.

This year it will be just the three of us, Julie and I and our oldest daughter. I went and picked up our tree yesterday, masked up and by myself, and nary a light has come out of a box yet. We’re not sad, we have tons to be grateful for, just not into the season. We’ve done the shopping for the grands, that’s pretty much all we buy gifts for these days.

We haven’t discussed our anniversary or NYE plans at all.

Not quote bah humbug, but more like ‘can we just get this friggin year over and done?’

BKB

Thumper
12-16-2020, 10:13 AM
Number one on your list of plans should include calling Bwana's sister. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2020, 10:17 AM
Jim, the effed up photo of the undecorated tree is supposed to be a metaphor for 2020.

Bozo.

BKB

quercus alba
12-16-2020, 10:20 AM
My wife went to see the new granddaughter and has been exposed to covid. She’ll be tested tomorrow and the results will determine our Christmas plans so I’m in limbo

Thumper
12-16-2020, 10:20 AM
P-hole quote;

Jim, the effed up photo of the undecorated tree is supposed to be a metaphor for 2020.

Bozo.

Well, then you STILL should have called her, but since you're so inept, I'll fix it for you myself. THIS is a proper metaphor for 2020 sir.

DeputyDog
12-16-2020, 10:39 AM
Our plans are up in the air also. We usually host my wife’s family, all of her cousins and their kids and grandkids, close to 40 people usually, on Christmas Eve then go to her parent’s for Christmas Day.

The Christmas Eve get together has already been canceled and we were just going to go to the in-laws Christmas Day. Now my brother in law isn’t sure if they will go and my daughter was sent home from school on Monday to be quarantined because she was a close contact to another student who tested positive.

She hasn’t shown any symptoms and don’t think she has it but we had her tested to ease everyone’s mind in an attempt to still have some type of normal Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
12-16-2020, 10:43 AM
My wife went to see the new granddaughter and has been exposed to covid. She’ll be tested tomorrow and the results will determine our Christmas plans so I’m in limbo

QA, please refer to my post from a few minutes ago about my confession. ;)

Thumper
12-16-2020, 11:02 AM
No plans at all here. We usually spend Christmas with our closest friends here (we're like family), but they're pretty much planning on quarantining. (he's 80, is diabetic and has a couple more underlying issues, she's almost 70) We talked to Lynn's mom and she's going to be spending Christmas alone as she's pretty much in "lock-down" in Los Angeles and is in her 80's. Other family is there, but they don't want to expose her to a half-dozen grandkids. We'd love to fly out to be with her, but heck, we're in our 60's (I'm pushing 70) and after passing through 2-3 MAJOR airports and a cross-country flight, it's just not worth the risk ... to her OR ourselves. We don't really exchange gifts between us anymore, we're at the stage in our life, if we want something, and can afford it, we buy it. SO .... we'll prolly just stay home and watch tv. :(

Chicken Dinner
12-16-2020, 11:29 AM
We usually have the family over for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day is a little more low key. This year it will just be the four of us “in-person” and we’ll try to keep up as many of the other traditions as we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
12-16-2020, 11:55 AM
We are planning on spending it as a family in Arizona. We'll keep it pretty low key.

Bwana
12-16-2020, 12:26 PM
Our plan WAS a family trip to the southern US of A, but given all the COVID crap we have decided to instead rent a cabin in the middle of the Black Hills of SD. Doing so allows us to drive there and and avoid being around people.

Thumper
12-16-2020, 12:32 PM
Glad to see you doing your part Bwana. Remember, Black Hills matter. ;)

Thumper
12-16-2020, 01:12 PM

airbud7
12-16-2020, 01:22 PM
we staying at home eating ham and turkey!