PDA

View Full Version : Championship Saturday

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2020, 11:36 AM
Here’s my hopes for today. I’ll leave predictions to QA, he is best I know at it.

SEC - I want Alabama to beat the brakes off of Florida. Mainly just cause I hate ‘em.

ACC - I want the Domers to win, but I probably won’t watch the gamexas I can’t stand the coaches for either team.

B1G - tOSU is gonna beat NW like they stole a ham from Krogers. But I want the Wildcats to win.

PAC 12 I’m so glad Oregon beat USC.

AAC - Go Golden Hurricane! Watch this Collins kid for TU at linebacker if you watch any of this game. He’s all world. Local kid too.

Big 12 boomer Sooner baby! Iowegian aggies is almost a double negative. Vengeance is a dish best served with Dr Pepper mutha fuckas! ( a shout out to Jerry World)

Chicken Dinner
12-19-2020, 11:57 AM
I can’t stand ND and there’s no way I want them to win the ACC unless they become full time members. I’d love to see both tOSU and the Bama go down. But, I doubt it happens. I’ll definitely be pulling for your Sooners though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airbud7
12-19-2020, 01:20 PM
Clemson

Big Muddy
12-19-2020, 01:43 PM
"""SEC - I want Alabama to beat the brakes off of Florida. Mainly just cause I hate ‘em."""

You're wish is granted.....and, you might as well go ahead and wish Bama the NC trophy because no body can touch them, this year.....they are day'um good at 4 and 5 deep at every position.

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2020, 02:10 PM
"""SEC - I want Alabama to beat the brakes off of Florida. Mainly just cause I hate ‘em."""

You're wish is granted.....and, you might as well go ahead and wish Bama the NC trophy because no body can touch them, this year.....they are day'um good at 4 and 5 deep at every position.

And they have been for many years! Saban may be Satan but he is a helluva ball coach.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-19-2020, 03:28 PM
Clemson

I’m aware.

Chicken Dinner
12-19-2020, 07:23 PM
With apologies to Airbud, Clempson is making a statement. (Sorry, AB. But, I went to NC State and that’s how all the Carolina guys pronounced it and I can’t change at this age.)

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2020, 08:54 PM
They flat cut on the juice against the domers. Wow!

BKB

airbud7
12-19-2020, 11:10 PM
With apologies to Airbud, Clempson is making a statement. (Sorry, AB. But, I went to NC State and that’s how all the Carolina guys pronounced it and I can’t change at this age.)

haha! true....we say it that way too!

airbud7
12-19-2020, 11:15 PM
They flat cut on the juice against the domers. Wow!

BKB

Trust me on this one Barry....Clemson ain't no joke this year.

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2020, 11:55 PM
Don’t look now but a ball game has broke out in ala-Fla!

Those SEC defenses. I swear.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-20-2020, 03:53 AM
Don’t look now but a ball game has broke out in ala-Fla!

Those SEC defenses. I swear.
BKB

It’s almost like I was watching the Big 12 Championship![emoji48]

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2020, 08:11 AM
Those wild and wooly SEC ‘ video game’ offenses with no defense isn’t real football. At least that’s what some of my SEC fans told me about the Big 12.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-20-2020, 08:55 AM
I will admit to having criticized Big 12 defenses because it’s fun giving you a hard time. But, it is football and it’s also entertaining as hell to watch.

The big question today is should ND, or even tOSU due to only playing six games, be in the BCS. I say no to ND for sure. I’d much rather see a Conference champion included. Does anyone really think ND is as good as Clemson after the pantsing they got last night? The Buckeyes are a harder call for me. The six wins, and how they got there by changing the rules, bugs the crap out of me. I do think they’re one of the top four teams though.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2020, 09:08 AM
The biggest knock, MY biggest knock on this playoff setup we have now is it diminishes the importance of games in the regular season. If a team’s ‘body of work’ in the regular season is a key ingredient in the selection like they say it is, a team that played half a season is, by definition, not eligible. Not tOSU’s fault but its how the chips fell.
My other knock is how we can ever call it a playoff if non conference champs are eligible. I have no issue with an ‘at large’ invite to conf champs Coastal Carolina or Cincinatti. But choosing the Aggots or Domers over either of those two champs is horrible and blatant pandering to the TV dollars.
What we have now is the BCS without computers and a couple of added bowl games that are purposefully misnamed ‘playoffs’.

And as an aside, IMO OU shouldn’t get in over either of those two either. In this system they could get in and eith two losses that shouldn’t happen.

BKB

quercus alba
12-20-2020, 10:24 AM
8 teams, that's the way to fix it.

I can't stand Dan Mullins or Florida but Trask should win the Heisman. If they would swap teams with Bama, Trask might throw for 6000 yds and 70 td's. The receivers on both teams are outstanding.......Elijah Pitts is a bad man, he's gonna be a nightmare matchup at the next level.

If Clemson continues to play like they did yesterday, they should win it all. Their defense actually has a pulse

Najee Harris is going to transition very nicely into the modern NFL. Strong, fast, decent blocker and good hands

Jimbo Fisher needs to sit down and shut up, the only signature win they have is Florida and LSU did that too. Beat Bama then you have a beef

quercus alba
12-20-2020, 10:28 AM
The instant replay has ruined CFB. The officiating is terrible at every level, a ref no longer has any accountability or incentive to excel, they just throw a turd against the wall then go to the replay to see if it stuck.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2020, 10:30 AM
8 is a better number than 4 IF they would use the spots to add more conference champions.

Its possible that its time for the conference alignments to go and go to a division setup that make qualifying for a playoff tournament real and not mythical like it is now. If its used more to give give more conferences two teams in the playoffs then it actually makes the situation worse.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-20-2020, 11:28 AM
I agree with 8 and adding Conference champs. But, they should also make room for a Cincinnati and not just use it as an excuse to add more one or two loss non-Conference champs.

airbud7
12-20-2020, 03:30 PM
College Football Playoff finalists revealed: Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Notre Dame will contend for a national championship...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-football-playoff-finalists-revealed

Chicken Dinner
12-20-2020, 03:32 PM
Piss on Notre Dame...

airbud7
12-20-2020, 04:04 PM
Agree!....Crazy I tell ya....

Big Muddy
12-20-2020, 06:45 PM
Yee haw !!!
Mississippi State will play Tulsa in the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, Texas, on Dec. 31.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2020, 06:58 PM
That ought to be a great game Muddy! You thinking about going?

BKB

Big Muddy
12-20-2020, 07:35 PM
Nah, I’d rather coach from the couch. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2020, 11:29 PM
Tulsa can be a handful. It ought to be a good gane.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-21-2020, 06:53 AM
That Tulsa/Cincinnati matchup was one of the better games of the weekend.

quercus alba
12-21-2020, 04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFeqg86YYE

hilarious and true

airbud7
12-21-2020, 04:38 PM
hahaha!

Big Muddy
12-21-2020, 05:36 PM
Now, dat rat dere is phunny !!! ;)