PDA

View Full Version : A jerk answer for a jerk question?

Thumper
12-21-2020, 10:53 AM
I rarely auction anything on eBay, but prefer to research what something is selling for, then list it with a "Buy It Now" price which falls within the present market rate. Kind of like a real estate agent will use comps to set an asking price for a home. But, I sometimes have an item and can not find a comparable item, but can find something close to at least get a ballpark price, in which case, I'll decide to auction the item with a starting bid a bit lower than the ballpark price I've decided on.

I did that on Saturday and within the first couple of hours, my listing was on 6 watch lists! That usually means the starting bid is a good price and buyers are waiting in the wings to pounce at the last minute. Yesterday I had some dufe offer me $50 (which includes shipping), yet I have my auction set up where it says I'm not taking offers and my starting bid is $125.00. I politely told the guy I'm not accepting offers at this time. Then he writes back and asks what the lowest price is that I'll accept! Grrrrr! I wrote back and let him know that if he's the only bidder, the lowest I'll take is $125! Ha! I haven't heard back from him .... yet.

quercus alba
12-21-2020, 11:16 AM
There is no bottom to stupidity