PDA

View Full Version : I've said it before ....

Thumper
12-31-2020, 01:45 PM
... and I'll say it again ... THIS is the main reason I quit collecting "stuff". I used to love collecting things, but once I started going to estate sales, I've not only been selling OTHER people's collections, but I sold off everything I once collected! Trust me ... I've been in a bazillion homes where granny's lifelong collection of china teacups or snow-globes were shown ZERO interest from the family and they simply dumped them at an estate sale. The same goes for grandpa's electric train or antique fountain pen collection. Strangers go in handling all these "heirlooms" and buy them for pennies, compared to what they're worth. Coin collections, knife collections and even gun collections ... things that took a lifetime to collect ... they're all up for grabs and are liquidated over the period of a weekend.

Well, I have one coming up that looks interesting. I grab most any decent wood plane when I come across one. They sell really well and some bring some crazy money. There's a sale coming up that appears to be a huge collection and there seems to be quite a few quality pieces there. Here are just a few photos of a PART of the collection. I actually have 16 photos in all, but this will give you a general idea of what this guy has ... or "had".

12173 12174

12175 12176

12177 12178

BarryBobPosthole
12-31-2020, 02:37 PM
Wow.

I could use a draw knife if you come across one. Not looking for a collectible. Just a reasonably priced useable one.

BKB

Thumper
12-31-2020, 05:26 PM
I’ve sold all my nice one’s P-hole. I know I have a couple set aside that need minor work before I sell them. I’ll pull them out and see what they are. Any idea what size you’re liking for?

BarryBobPosthole
12-31-2020, 06:01 PM
I think 8-10” would work. The straight shave tool.

BKB