PDA

View Full Version : Gulp!

Thumper
01-04-2021, 11:05 AM
I gots a buddy who just came down with Covid and, of course, his wife came down with it also. Seems he got sick last Thursday, his doctor diagnosed Covid and he's still down for the count as of this morning. He said he's had the worst headaches he's ever had, diarrhea, high fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, totally tired and run-down feeling, along with a terrible back ache that won't go away and makes it impossible to get comfortable. Man, the first thing I did was to start going back in my head to the last time I was around him. It was the day after Christmas, so I'd have to assume I'm in the clear. I was just tested Saturday, so I went on-line to see if the results have been posted and it still says, "pending". No ill effects here, so I think I'm good. Honestly, this is the first person I've known personally that's had it. I may have dodged a bullet.

quercus alba
01-04-2021, 11:19 AM
My son who is a nurse anesthetist says we have what they're calling a European strain going around that is much more severe than the earlier version. I don't know if it's a mutation or totally different. Longer lasting too, seems like days 10-14 are the worst.

Scary stuff

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2021, 11:51 AM
This all went away the day after the election I thought! You mean it didn’t? Did they move the date to the day after the Inauguration now?
BKB

quercus alba
01-04-2021, 11:58 AM
It'll turn into the flu then

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2021, 12:05 PM
When do they turn on all the microchips? They just waiting for all the 5G towers to go up?

BKB

DeputyDog
01-04-2021, 01:00 PM
When do they turn on all the microchips? They just waiting for all the 5G towers to go up?

BKB

Not enough people have been vaccinated yet to turn the chips on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
01-04-2021, 01:03 PM
My wife’s cousin who is about 40 had it just before Christmas. He ran a high fever for almost two weeks with terrible body aches. He finally recovered after the third week. He is still very fatigued and said that it felt like there was broken glass in his lungs when he would breathe.

Chicken Dinner
01-04-2021, 01:28 PM
My Mrs. and I both had it for two weeks mid-November followed by two weeks of related double-pneumonia. We’re on the other side now and know we’re blessed. But, I don’t think either one of has been that sick for that long before. She had a fever over 100 for 30 days. Still don’t have my stamina back and am on an inhaler a couple of times a day to keep my lungs working right.

DeputyDog
01-04-2021, 01:35 PM
I gots a buddy who just came down with Covid and, of course, his wife came down with it also. Seems he got sick last Thursday, his doctor diagnosed Covid and he's still down for the count as of this morning. He said he's had the worst headaches he's ever had, diarrhea, high fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, totally tired and run-down feeling, along with a terrible back ache that won't go away and makes it impossible to get comfortable. Man, the first thing I did was to start going back in my head to the last time I was around him. It was the day after Christmas, so I'd have to assume I'm in the clear. I was just tested Saturday, so I went on-line to see if the results have been posted and it still says, "pending". No ill effects here, so I think I'm good. Honestly, this is the first person I've known personally that's had it. I may have dodged a bullet.

According to my wife who has to figure this all out to quarantine students and close contacts, you go back 48 hours from the first symptoms to determine a persons contagious period. Anyone in close contact starting from that time should quarantine for 10-14 days. If he started with symptoms last Thursday, looks like you should be ok by a couple of days.

Hombre
01-04-2021, 02:43 PM
Had it myself in August. Didn't last long, felt bad on a Wednesday ran 103, went in late Thursday for a test and fever had broke, by Friday felt amazing. Wife aslo got it and had no fever, but was dizzy for about a week. That's kind of the scary part it affects everyone a little different.

Big Muddy
01-04-2021, 09:50 PM
My pastor's wife buried her mom several months ago.....then, her Dad got it, and we buried him, last week.....then, while her Dad was in the hospital her husband, our pastor, got it, and we are burying him tomorrow afternoon.....so, she has lost her Mom, Dad, and husband in less than 9 months.....it's been a sad time around our little town, lately.

DeputyDog
01-04-2021, 11:01 PM
My in-law’s neighbor died from it a few months ago and just a few weeks ago an old family friend died from it as well. Two families that are connected to my wife’s school has lost people in the last couple of weeks as well.

I went from not knowing anyone that had had it to knowing numerous that have to various degrees and even a couple that have died from it.