PDA

View Full Version : HS Swim Season is OVER! WOOO HOOO!!!!!

LJ3
02-17-2013, 12:54 PM
IT was a great season. I'll spare you guys all the details but Bailey did really well. She brought homw some unexpected jewlery, swam some personal bests and made some memories she'll never forget. I'm just glad I could be there to see it all.

My lovely photography Sherpa and I preparing for the meets

Bailey and one her relay teams doing their walk out as they're being introduced.

Prelims - laid it down! Bailey is in the center

Finals, Bailey swims the last leg and is a little nervous about the lead they're losing

They lost their lead by half a body length

It all worked out, thanks to my Booboo

One last shot. The kid in the middle of this group hug is a great kid. Has been on the team since the high school opened (3 years), worked HARD to get to states over the last two seasons. Made states, kicked some butt and after his last race his just totally lost it and was sobbing. Coaches were crying and the team just surrounded him with a big ole hug. I've head the term 'group hug" a million times but never really saw the meaning of it until now. It was a pretty cool moment to be there for :)

Chicken Dinner
02-17-2013, 07:27 PM
That's awesome, man. Is her school 3A or 4a?

P.S. Doesn't summer swim club practice start in a couple months?

Buckrub
02-17-2013, 07:33 PM
1998.....2013.....she must be 15 or 16.

I held that baby.

Wow, it flies.

Congrats on a good raisin'.........but of course, the season isn't over, just over for THIS YEAR!!!

BarryBobPosthole
02-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Poor girl. Her Daddy won't even buy her shoes.

That's just Downright cool, Len! And to swim anchor just adds the pressure. Cool to see those happy smiles. That's worth the price of the ticket right there, ain't it?
BKB

TeeDub
02-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Great pictures Len! Tell Bailey TeeDub the turtle says Congratulations!

Captain
02-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Very cool Len and that young lady like to fish too! You done good!
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LJ3
02-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys... She's "come up" with this group of kids so I think she'll be a mess next year. She's made states since she was a freshman and next year she'll be the big girl senior.

Bucky, she's the oldest, you were holding her little sister. either way, they're both over 5'10". Bailey's a junior now so next year is her big year. They're a AA school right now but apparently VA is restructuring all that this coming year to create 5 divisions. We'll be at the 4th level at that point. 2014 will be the first year that have a "full" graduating class but we regularly compete against AAA schools. There are so many freaking HS's in our county that there's not much difference in a AA and AAA school.

She doesn't do year round club swimming anymore. She was just in the pool too dang much and starting to be injured more often than not. She still swims summer rec league and coaches with that team. She loves helping little kids :) I think there's a part of her that enjoys not doing year round swim anymore. At the state meets there aren't any swimmers that don't swim in private clubs, except her. She kinda likes being the privateer whippin up on the fancy pants factory riders. Not sure where she gets that mindset from :)

I did make a bet with her as she was working me for the "next best thing" in competition suits. She beat her anchor leg time and now I have to pay an outrageous amount of money for a dang bathing suit.

And BBP... I gave up trying to get her to wear shoes. She is a hippy soul thru and thru. No use for shoes at all. I think she'd go barefoot all winter if it weren't for frostbite.

Bwana
02-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Sounds like she did great and is having a blast doing it which is a BIG part of it. Congrats to her on a job well done.

We have our West Region meet this Saturday and State is next weekend so we aren't far behind.