PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance is bliss?

johnboy
01-07-2021, 06:12 PM
Maybe, maybe not but it should be a lot more restful. Going to drop all my cable news channels and watch only local news and only that when they talk about local news. After listening to the hysteria yesterday (someone actually compared yesterday to Pearl Harbour, ffs) I have had more than enough of their lying nonsense. It's not 'news' anymore, it's pure propaganda.

Thumper
01-07-2021, 06:36 PM
I've been happier since I quit watching the b/s. After the election fiasco, I'd had enough.

BTW, I prefer the term "commentary" over propaganda ... but then, I'm not sure there's a difference. The commentary reflects whatever propaganda the particular network wants to distribute.

LJ3
01-11-2021, 01:42 PM
I had pretty much quit it all before the election then got reeled back in over time. I considered it a great sign that I didn't have the news channel numbers memorized any more. I'm going back to that right soon. I hold Posthole personally responsible.

Penguin
01-11-2021, 01:51 PM
Amen to that.

People haven't figured out that media news is not in the business of reporting the news. Their business model is to find out what the audience believes, hook them with coverage that reinforces these beliefs, and then bring in the advertising revenue. All assuming that the coverage is OK'd by the corporate hierarchy of course.

I've got a group of people I have grown to trust and I read them instead. Sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. But as long as they have integrity I read them.

Will