PDA

View Full Version : Final College Football post of the Season +1

BarryBobPosthole
01-12-2021, 05:58 PM
Been thinking of this ever since witnessing Bama boatrace a not-too-dayam-shabby tOSU last night.

I know Nick Saban isn’t well liked, hell he’s a football coach, but he has to be the best football coach at any level in my lifetime. Old Eddie Robinson had nine black college national championships at Grambling and that’s no mean feat. And the Bear (Bryant). was coaching until ‘82, he had six national championships. But I don’t think anybody has had a run like Saban and that includes who I think is the best football coach in history, Bud Wilkinson. The consistency that he wins with and the talent level of his teams year after year means he can flat develop players as much as recruit them.

So, as Old Charlie said we gotta give the Devil his due, but lawdy he is a great football coach.

BKB

Hombre
01-12-2021, 06:31 PM
Agreed. Its mind boggling what he's accomplished. I'm glad they won last night. I wasn't so much rooting for Bama as I was rooting against tOSU.

Chicken Dinner
01-12-2021, 06:51 PM
I’ll begrudgingly admit he’s a great football coach and if Bama was my team, I’d be nominating him for Sainthood. I know it wasn’t always the case during his tenure, but the talent level that the big 3 can attract right now because of the effed up BCS system will continue to give them a huge recruiting advantage until it gets changed.

BarryBobPosthole
01-12-2021, 06:52 PM
In games like that I love to just watch some of these kids do their stuff. They sure did it! Its too bad Sermon got hirt on the first play. He could’ve leveled the playing field a bit.

Hombre
01-12-2021, 07:04 PM
One other thought targeting: I get why they have the rule but its heartbreaking to see kids ejected from the biggest game or stage they may ever see. I can see if its flagrant / intentional but I believe most of these are accidents and to lose something like that after you put 15+ years of work to get there is awful.

BarryBobPosthole
01-12-2021, 09:47 PM
If they’re ever going to get that type of contact out of the sport then the pain has to motivate them to train them differently. Rugby has these same kind of rules and they play with no helmets.

Oh and they have leather balls.
BKB