PDA

View Full Version : Needed

BarryBobPosthole
02-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Need an old trolling motor, just for the shaft and bracket where it clamps to the transom. anybody gots one they'd donate?

BKB

Big Muddy
02-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Phole, I got several old trolling motors, laying around the farm shop....most are pure junk, and I should have thrown them out....any particular brand/model parts that you're looking for???

BarryBobPosthole
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
That's all I'm looking for, eddie, is a piece of junk. what we're going to do is use the trolling motor shaft for a stationary rudder for the front of a two man bass boat. Keeps it from doing Crazy Ivans in the wind so much. We'll also mount a locator transducer on it too. So all we'll use is the shaft and the bracket you use to connect it to the boat. then we can raise and lower the whole deal when Birddog decides to crash into the bank.

BKB

Big Muddy
02-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I just got back in town, so let me look around the shop to see if any of them are worth a sheeit....I mean, they are JUNK!!!

BarryBobPosthole
02-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Appreciate it Eddie. As long as the shaft is there and the part that clamps on the boat can still be raised or lowered we be cool.

BKB

Big Muddy
02-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Barry, I finally got a chance to dig around in my junk pile in the shop, and it's not good news for you....I found the 3 old trolling motors....two of 'em have their shafts cut off, and prolly used for some type of repair job around the farm....and, the last one is bent in nearly a 90 degree angle....none of 'em have the clamps.

Sorry about that, but I sorta figured, when I located them, that they would not be in a useable condition.

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Thank you for looking, Eddie. I'll continue my search. Might have to hit the boat salvage place in north T-town this weekend or something.
BKB