PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday George!

BarryBobPosthole
02-18-2013, 02:37 PM
If you can stop spinning for a bit over what's happening in our country, I hope you'll take a minute to pat yourself on the back, click those teeth a few times, and have a happy birthday.

and by the way, thanks for all that stuff you did at Valley Forge, and Long Island, and Trenton, and the Deleware River crossing, and for Brandywine, Germantown, Monmouth and Yorktown, and Princeton. And oh yeah, Saratoga was cool (that English devil Howe lost his whole damned army). And I imagine it was a pain in the ass to be president with mouthy old Franklin limping around on his gouty toes. And yet folks seem to forget who you were and how much you meant to our nation.

So happy birthday, you old fucker.

"With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come."

BKB

Buckrub
02-18-2013, 09:38 PM
His Farewell Address should be ensconsed in gold somewhere prominent.

LJ3
02-18-2013, 09:53 PM
You have awakened in me a great ignorance. And a little shame.

LJ3
02-18-2013, 10:11 PM
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Washington%27s_Farewell_Address

That dude abuses the comma more than myself, Sunny, and everyone else here combined. I feel very comfortable in my run ons, fragments, over punctuation, and comma abuses, heretofore, and hitherto, this point, forward.

Sunshine
02-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Hay...what u talkin about!!!!!!!
I've always said, I'm terrible with English and punctuation.
I like math better!!!!!
And, if you ever meet me in real life, I talk exactly how I write!!!! :D
Pickin on my comma's, sheesh!

Buckrub
02-18-2013, 11:02 PM
The grammatical constructs of such a generation would, of a common man not like unto myownself, be ultimately scorned by those who hold to the lesser nuances of the proper conversational structures, though in and of itself great meaning being carried, the legitimate conclusion nevertheless being a resounding result of adherence to the educational process that doth advance nobility among us all.

Thumper
02-18-2013, 11:12 PM
The G/H "Comma King"? I vote King Edward of Mississippi! ;)

Sunshine
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Dang it. I just typed a bunch of stuff and hit the wrong button and have to re-type. Dang it.

Buckrub
02-18-2013, 11:24 PM
My degree is Mathematics. I took five college English classes and actually passed four of them.

And I am not even remotely a good person.

Sunshine
02-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Bucky

When I went back to college and received my associates degree every paper I wrote I had to take to someone else to correct it before I turned it in.

Another good sentence without commas. Lol

I would never have passes if a certain college English teacher hadn't taken me under her wing and help correct my writings.

Math now that's another story. I love math. It's like a puzzle. Once you figure the puzzle it all falls in place.
It's too bad I never kept going with math. I've lost most what I had learned.

Buckrub
02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
English is math with words instead of numbers. Equations and sentences are the exact same thing in their own world.

Sunshine
02-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Not for me.
I hated school and college wasn't a picnic.

I understand math better then English.

----- Guess I better say Happy Birthday George so I don't get accused of hijacking!! Lol :D

Buckrub
02-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Four plus four always equals Eight. (4 + 4 = 8)

Time and Energy is always a great ally. (Time + Energy = Ally *modified by 'great'*)

same/same. Equals is same as 'is'. And is same as 'plus'. If you ever learn to diagram sentences, it is exactly like math, and becomes easy. Those that never learned to diagram sentences usually have problems with grammar.

Thumper
02-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Calm down Sunny ... take a red maaaannn! You're gonna pop a vein in your neck or forehead if you aren't careful. I kinda-sorta missed how Bucky got you so fired up. Personally, I think you're over reacting (is that one word? Hyphenated?). It's obvious this subject is a sore spot for you ... we're loosy-goosy here and overlook such stuff, but may joke about it from time to time. The subject obviously struck a nerve with you. Did I say calm down already?

Oh, and I had Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Trigonometry and Calculus in HIGH SCHOOL. THEN went on to college math as I was majoring in engineering. Heck, to me, 4+4 = 44! ;)

Buckrub
02-19-2013, 12:02 AM
Thump's getting all worked up trying to cool Sunny off. It's hot work, it is.

And I have NO idea if it's hyphenated or not. Hyphens give me fits-problems/issues. Sorta like "deranged" is a word that applies to liberal goobers. But "de-ranged" is a term that means you have to go out to eat a lot.

Thumper
02-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Ha ha! I was gonna make a smart-assed comment about the de-ranged ... then realized you said persactly what I was gonna say ... but in a different way! Dang! You ruined my joke. :(

Sunshine
02-19-2013, 12:37 AM
What????? I'm not mad or popping a vein!!!

I was calming stating how English was and still is very difficult for me!!!
I'm fine!! I'm chilling!!
No one upset here. I thought Bucky and I were having a pretty good discussion!!!!
:D. Have you been missing my smilies????

LJ3
02-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Ha ha! I was gonna make a smart-assed comment about the de-ranged ... then realized you said persactly what I was gonna say ... but in a different way! Dang! You ruined my joke. :(

I always thought de-ranged was what occurred when I left the NRA shooting facility.

Buckrub
02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
That was definition:

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Y'all are all deranged for hijacking my damned thread!

BKB

Buckrub
02-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Happy Birthday, Abe.