PDA

View Full Version : Got immortalized the morning.

jb
02-05-2021, 12:51 PM
Got a hold of the County Health Dept. phone line on Wed and they set us up for our shots at 9:15 this AM
In and out in 40 minutes. Mich. National Guard Med Unit did all the work, very smooth, very organized, great bunch of guys. They scheduled us for the second shot before we left, so far no side affects.
Gives you a little sense of security, don't know if it's false security, but does take some stress out of our lives at this time.
So out of our family of 8 adults, 6 have received the shots, one declined and one is waiting.
Stay safe out there.

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2021, 12:58 PM
:wave1

I felt the same way right after the first shot too, but then read up on what the first one really does for you. Mainly it decreases your chances of serious Rona by a lot. For our situation, I’m gonna have to stay in our current mode which is more like ‘snowed in’ than closed down. We can still get out, but it doesn’t make sense when most everything we need can be delivered to the front stoop.

BKB

Big Skyz
02-05-2021, 02:03 PM
I'm scheduled for my second rabies shot on Tuesday. The first shot didn't have much for side affects. Just a few sore joints in my fingers, hips, knees, and ankles for 3 days. Not major pain, just annoying. I hear the 2nd one can be more extreme. I guess I'll know soon enough. Glad you guys got your first. My wife is a nurse so I asked her how much the first shot helps. She said it gives you about 52% immunity. I don't know if I believe that and I really wonder who came up with the extra 2% so it wasn't an even 50%. Anyway the second shot takes it up to 90 something percent, but I don't remember the exact number.

quercus alba
02-05-2021, 02:42 PM
My doc the the Pfizer (2 shots) gives 95% immunity for five years

airbud7
02-05-2021, 02:52 PM
I'm too young to get the shot here(57)?....I know why though:

The average age of South Carolinians who died from the virus is 75, and nearly 82% of COVID-19 victims were 65 and older, according to DHEC data.

DeputyDog
02-05-2021, 02:59 PM
If it wasn’t for my job, I would be too young to get it in Indiana also.

I got my first shot Dec. 26 and my second dose on Jan. 15. The only issue I had was some arm pain, similar to a tetanus shot.

My wife is a elementary principal in Michigan and got her second dose yesterday. She had no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
02-05-2021, 03:01 PM
Got my first shot two days ago. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. Pfizer version for me.