PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with youse dufuses?

Thumper
02-08-2021, 12:41 PM
The ONE time I actually watch a frigging ball game, there's not ONE peep about it here. Lynn and I went out to dinner last night and the place was EMPTY (Carrabba's). We were actually the only people in the whole restaurant other than the employees. I guess with Tampa in the Super Bowl and the stadium only 30-mins away, everybody was either at the game or at home glued to the teevee! We missed the first half, but made it home in time for halftime. I have to admit, I got sucked in to watching the last half and actually enjoyed seeing Tampa give Kansas City a royal ass-whoopin'! :thumbsup

LJ3
02-08-2021, 12:47 PM
Plenty of discussion about it on social media :D Not much action around it with the Senior Assisted Living version of communicating on the internet :D

DeputyDog
02-08-2021, 01:15 PM
Didn’t watch any of the game. I honestly don’t remember the last NFL game I watched. No particular reason for not watching anymore, just kinda lost interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
02-08-2021, 01:22 PM
The ONE time I actually watch a frigging ball game, there's not ONE peep about it here. Lynn and I went out to dinner last night and the place was EMPTY (Carrabba's). We were actually the only people in the whole restaurant other than the employees. I guess with Tampa in the Super Bowl and the stadium only 30-mins away, everybody was either at the game or at home glued to the teevee! We missed the first half, but made it home in time for halftime. I have to admit, I got sucked in to watching the last half and actually enjoyed seeing Tampa give Kansas City a royal ass-whoopin'! :thumbsup

From the looks of it, most everybody down there was in Tampa donating their bodies to science.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-08-2021, 01:32 PM
I watched. But, it wasn’t much of a game entertainment-wise. Even the half time show was clearly not geared toward my demographic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
02-08-2021, 02:57 PM
We used to watch it just for the commercials, then it got to the point that wasn’t even worth it. Last night, we actually got back home as the third quarter was starting, so we missed halftime. The shows haven’t been anywhere close to my demographic for years, so I had no problem missing it.

BarryBobPosthole
02-08-2021, 03:09 PM
I’m not sure how anyone can tell if the halftime show was a letdown. I can’t recall a single one I’d call good. And TBH, I’d rather see the aTm Aggie band performthan any of the artists that have performed in the ones in my lifetime.

BKB

airbud7
02-08-2021, 03:27 PM
I don't watch that Bullshit anymore!....Same with nascar.

I do got some like new white privilege for sale though.

LJ3
02-08-2021, 03:37 PM
My daughter had 2 of her commercials run locally in Virginia during the super bowl. Proud Dad moment for me!

Bwana
02-08-2021, 04:07 PM
Again, I agree with CD.

jb
02-08-2021, 04:20 PM
I've watched some of every SB games over the past 55 years, but yesterday was the first time the wife and I watched one from start to finish. Good game, something on TV that we both enjoyed at the same time. Also, the Brady connection, Michigan Grad.
As for the Half Time Show it has to rank a the bottom of all half time shows, if you look at the polls you'll see that most agree with me. Only time I changed the channel the whole game. Bunch of guys running around with jock-straps over their head.