PDA

View Full Version : Cool Image

BarryBobPosthole
02-09-2021, 10:00 PM
This was posted on a site I follow on FB. Its an osprey obviously on the dive.

Wow.

BKB

Arty
02-09-2021, 10:33 PM
Now that is some cool stuff

It makes me wonder what innate being made that dumbass bird have the sense to do that.

It wasn’t his mom or dad. They get kicked out of the nest pretty early.

Maybe it’s something “encoded” in him. Wait, I misspelled “created”.

Anywho, I digress.

Totally awesome pic. We have some fish eaters that hit our pond out back regularly and I love watching that hover and attack sequence. It’s pretty obvious when they find what they want on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
02-10-2021, 12:18 AM
We have tons of Osprey nests around here. Many dufuses see the large nests and white heads and swear they're Bald Eagles. 'Course, we also have tons of Eagles around, but they just ain't the same critter. Neat pic ... almost looks photoshopped it's so perfect. Nature is impressive at times.

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2021, 08:36 AM
It sure gives you an idea where a lot of fighter jet design ideas come from.

BKB

DeputyDog
02-10-2021, 11:13 AM
Reminds me of an Indy car, which is basically a fighter jet on wheels.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210210/4c000b0482b39489b19a6f23e50343a8.jpg

Thumper
02-10-2021, 11:41 AM
Interesting analogies.

Big Skyz
02-10-2021, 11:53 AM
Very cool!

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Mallard Fillmore and his son and I were finishing up a duck hunt one morning on the last day of season. As we were walking out we all heard a noise and it was a baldy stooping on four orfive puddle ducks that were loafing on a little slash of water that was a part of a field drainage system. We all just stood open mouthed as he opened his wings to put on the brakes right before he hit. The ducks scattered like quail and the eagle did a belly flop on the water, sat there to gather himself for a few seconds and then was off to the races. It was quite a sight but what I remember most was the sound. Kind of a rattling popping kind of sound as he just had those wings folded up and was screaming towards the ground.
Wonder how many g’s he pulled? One of those unforgettable moments!
BkB

DeputyDog
02-10-2021, 12:02 PM
That is a cool sight to see. One spring I was putting the dock in and there was a large group of Coots swimming nearby. All of a sudden we heard a smack and saw that a bald eagle had made a dive in them. He did the same thing, recovered and then tried again.

Pretty cool watching him make a dive at the coots and them do their flip dive to get under water to avoid the eagle.

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2021, 12:03 PM
I’d have to be one hard up eagle to eat a coot!

BKB

DeputyDog
02-10-2021, 12:25 PM
Agreed. Coots have got to be one of the stinkiest birds around.

Bwana
02-10-2021, 02:41 PM
Fiercely impressive

HideHunter
02-10-2021, 03:00 PM
Yee Haw! ;)

Thumper
02-10-2021, 07:42 PM
Three of us were sitting outside the little log cabin at a primitive outpost in Canada one year while we were there for walleye fishing and bear hunting. We were watching a bald eagle flying across in front of us when he went into a dive and came up with what appeared to be a large walleye. The fish was a bit too big and he was having a heck of a time gaining altitude, but instead, just skimmed the surface of the lake while hauling that fish off to wherever he was taking it. His wingtips kept hitting the water and we figured he'd drop the fish sooner or later, but he hung onto it until he went around the bend and we could no longer see him. It was a super cool sight to witness and is forever etched into my ol' haid.