PDA

View Full Version : Interesting observation

Thumper
02-12-2021, 07:45 AM
I was scanning through some Gary Larson comics to post one here, and ran across something a bit interesting. I found these two identical comics, as far as the drawings themselves are concerned, but one has been altered. I'm wondering if Larson would sometimes take old comics and alter them a bit to be used as "fillers' when he was not available or possibly when he'd suffer a brain fart ("writer's block?) and simply couldn't come up with anything new? In this case, maybe he was taking a Christmas vacation and altered a few existing comics to fill in while he was away? No clue really, but it caught my eye. I've noticed color differences etc. on other cartoons of his, but never really paid attention to the differences or why they may have been altered. In THIS case, it's obvious one was seasonal. It appears he took the first example (which must have been published at an earlier time), added gift wrapping, changed the decoration on the box itself and added a Christmas tree. He added a lot of color to the Christmas comic (even the mice are different colors). I also notice he added a tongue to the Christmas cat. It's like one of those games where they show you two pics and ask you to note all the differences you can find. ;)

12372 12371

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2021, 10:04 AM
You’d have to think there were a lot of drawingsthat didn’t feel right to him that he pulled out and repurposed later.

I justdon’t know where all of that humor comes from. He is truly a wit.

BKB