PDA

View Full Version : Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn!!!

Thumper
02-17-2021, 10:29 AM
In all my travels around the world, I've always wanted to go zip-lining, but was always over the weight limit and have never experienced it. I've checked numerous places while traveling and my weight was always the issue. The last was in Mexico, before that, Costa Rica, etc. etc. I wanted to hit the world's longest (at that time) zipline in Puerto Rico and "almost" made it, but busted the 270-lb. weight limit and couldn't do it. Now I have a goal (besides losing weight) and that is to hit the (now) longest zipline in the world (they beat out Puerto Rico). I've always wanted to visit Dubai anyway, and the zipline in the UAE would be icing on the cake for me. It'll be rough and I may have to load up on pain pills afterwards, but I'm ready! They have a 330-lb. weight limit! I'm excited and ready to plan a trip once this Covid bullshit is behind us. BUT ... as I was daydreaming this morning, I started reading up on the booking details. WTF??? They have a 330-lb. weight limit (fine) ... BUT you have to be under 60 years old (one site says the age limit is 60, one says 65???). DAMN!!! I'm 69! The real slap in the face? The line in Puerto Rico has no age limit.

Ok, I'm on a diet now and as of yesterday, I'm down to 291-lbs. Just 21 more pounds and I can at least qualify for Puerto Rico ... but damn! I really, really, REALLY would love to hit that 93-mph, Jebel Jais when visiting Dubai. :crybaby

<iframe width="730" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H_kak14VVDM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BarryBobPosthole
02-17-2021, 10:32 AM
I was walking the mutts this week and hit a patch of snow covered ice. I hit at least 90 mph before I landed on the sidewalk.

BKB

Thumper
02-17-2021, 01:48 PM
That's weird, I wonder why YouTube blocked the video?