PDA

View Full Version : Driving Miss Daisy Today ....

Thumper
02-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Later dufes. My big mouth got me into trouble. There's an old woman who is a "friend of a friend" and she recently lost her husband to cancer. Come to find out she's German and her husband married her over there, then moved her to the States many years ago. Well, it seems, he never let her drive and she's never driven or had a driver's license. Now she's pretty much stranded at home with no way to get around. My friend is a nurse at the doctor's office she goes to and she has an appointment today. Sooo, being the nice guy that I am, I've volunteered to pick her up, take her to the doctor, wait until her appointment is finished, take her to the grocery store, then back home again. How do I get myself into these things?

What makes it tough is she wants to pay me. Number one, I feel guilty charging an old lady money for just being nice and helpful. I have all the time in the world on my hands anyway, so it's no great loss. On the otherhand, the price of gas is through the roof and I'm in no position to throw money away myownfineself ... but I just feel guilty taking her money. I guess I shouldn't ... I've never even met her (yet), simply talked on the phone. But still ... how am I supposed to figure what to "charge" her? Sometimes it sucks being a "nice guy". :(

Oh well, I'm gonna shower and get ready to play taxi driver today. Catch youse dufes later.

Chicken Dinner
02-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Just tell her you'll take it out in trade.

Buckrub
02-19-2013, 10:51 AM
You'll hit it.

Big Muddy
02-19-2013, 11:22 AM
I can see it, now....tomorrow's Thump post:

"""Hey, you dufes, ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit....that ole lady took out her dentures, threw me down on the back seat, and gave me the most incredible head that I EVER had. !!!"""

;););)

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 11:36 AM
that, or he sold them on eBay for $50.
BKB

DeputyDog
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
:lmao

Big Muddy
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Maybe they'll catch a movie, too:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-roach/orgasm-ted-talk_b_2689995.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D272138

(Entire video is hilarious, but be sure to watch at the 11 minute mark.) ;)

Thumper
02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Nice old lady ... a real talker. Her husband, a Vietnam vet, recently passed away from Agent Orange exposure. We touched on my new estate sale hobby and her eyes lit up. She used to love going to garage/yard sales with her hubby and told me of some of the treasures she's found. She does the same thing ... buys and resells. What makes it interesting .. she's a bit of an expert on antiques ... something I run into constantly but don't know enough about them to pull the trigger. Said she'd LOVE to tag along on some weekend if I'm gonna be in the area for a sale. Who knows? Maybe I can learn something. Kinda reminds me of the other post where Bucky says he's "drawn" to "older" people because of the knowledge they possess. Heck, this could be a good partnership and I'll get an education along the way.

No ... she's over 25 ... NOT in my age bracket! But she did pay me $20 for an hour of "work". What the heck, I'll take it any way I can get it! :D

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
So if her husband is a Viet Nam vet, then this 'old lady' must be your age right?

Sounds like you have someone who can help show you the ropes on this new hobby. Probably help you make some more money at it too. See what being a good samaritan does for ya?

BKB

Thumper
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Hubby was in the military for 22 years, then worked for the Sheriff's Dept. here in town (I assume as a deputy?). I guess he was older and she may have been a "child bride". ;) I have no clue how old she is ... she's an "older" woman, but he died about 9 months ago and was 78 years old at the time. I don't think she's that old, but I suck at guessing ages. They met in Germany and he brought her to the States like 30 years ago. He had emigrated here from Germany back in the 50's and became a citizen. She's funny ... says hubby came over on a boat ... she came over on a jumbo jet! Other than just antiques, she's a bit of an expert on art also. I run into works of art all the time but don't know squat about it. Interesting lady and eager to hit an estate sale or ten. ;)