PDA

View Full Version : Project Completed

Hombre
03-04-2021, 09:30 PM
Back in November the wife and I bought a place in Scottsdale, AZ for the purpose of renting, and occasionally staying there ourselves. We already have one in Gilbert, AZ and we stay there usually for Christmas, Thanksgiving and a few odd stays. Its always nice to just get into the sun and out of WA. Anyway the first house we did some minor upgrades and all in all I would say took about a month to finish. On this one I think our eyes got way too wide and we greatly underestimated the time it would take to do a project that we set out to do.

For the second house we completely redid the kitchen with all new counters, countertops, and fixtures. The whole house had most of the fixtures redone, it was repainted and all the bathrooms were upgraded. Then in the backyard the pool was redone, we added a waterfall, and a putting/chipping green. All of this took 3 months, so, for 3 months Kathryn has been in Scottsdale acting as a GC. I'd say she's really gotten good at it and I"m super happy about the end result. You can get an idea of the old look at the Zillow link

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5426-E-Phelps-Rd-Scottsdale-AZ-85254/8031032_zpid/

Here are a few updated pics

Thumper
03-04-2021, 10:21 PM
Dang! That's really nice! My place is due for a total remodel and I'm now debating on remodeling (last done in the very late 80's) before I sell (we need to downsize), or to simply sell to a flipper and walk away from it. You need a Florida house to flip? ;)

In the early 80's, I almost moved to Scottsdale. Through business, I got to know the owner of the Cadillac dealer in Scottsdale (Bud Brooks) and went out to stay a couple of days at his place to get a feel for the place. It was during the summer and HOT, even for me and I remember walking out of his office and into the shop at the dealership. My first breath felt like I'd inhaled a fist full of talcum powder! (it was a dry heat) ;)

He made a damn nice offer, but when I returned to the dealer I was working for in Hollywood, California at the time, the dealer had somehow gotten word I'd been courted in Scottsdale and made me an offer I couldn't refuse (to stay). I liked Scottsdale, but never went back.

BUT ... your story reminded me of Bud and I just Googled him. It seems he passed away just over a year ago and there's a nice write-up in his obit:

https://www.myheraldreview.com/obituaries/carl-marvin-brooks-90/article_f4b7a9ea-1ddd-11ea-a304-fb54ed5df175.html

Hombre
03-04-2021, 10:31 PM
Funny you mention it, Florida is on our next market to research list. We stay out of Scottsdale in the summer, here in WA Its 75 in the summer. Wow, Bud lived quite the life!

airbud7
03-05-2021, 12:10 AM
now that looks like a fun to live in house!...really cool, great job!

BarryBobPosthole
03-05-2021, 08:34 AM
Nice work Kathryn! (Good job supervisong, Boh)

BKB

Bwana
03-05-2021, 09:48 AM
That looks AWESOME! Well done!

Hombre
03-05-2021, 01:54 PM
Thanks! And, Barry you are right this was all Kathryn but it couldn't have been accomplished without my management skill!

Hombre
03-08-2021, 12:42 AM
Spent the weekend, nice relaxing https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210308/7e8c7fef59818ca3b1dc7c62002e29f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-08-2021, 08:03 AM
Beautiful! Rest up for the next one! ;)