PDA

View Full Version : Had a blast!

Bwana
02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Headed out Friday after school for a weekend in the Black Hills where we spent Saturday snowmobiling through the landscape of western SD and eastern Wyoming out of Trailshead Lodge. With 4 families involved we had a total of 13 sleds and except for having to get a few folks unstuck because of the deep powder we had a GREAT time seeing the countryside and enjoying the weather during our 6 hour ride.

The next day we had a great breakfast and a leisure morning which was followed up by an afternoon of tubing at the Deer Mountain Ski Area. That coupled with good food, great conversation, and a bit of time in the hot tub made for a wonderful weekend. Have to admit I wish I was still there.

A few pics from the snowmobiling portion of the weekend:
The family
The boys and I
Scenery

Chicken Dinner
02-19-2013, 12:46 PM
39f and rainy here today. I think winter would be a whole lot more enjoyable if we could do cool stuff like that.

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Your boys have outgrown you. Think you could still take them?

BKB

Gunther
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Did ya hit up Deadwood for the crab buffet?

Bwana
02-20-2013, 10:08 AM
BBP: Old age and treachery MIGHT be able to overcome youth and good sportsmanship

Gunther: Never made it into Deadwood at all this year. We were going to Saturday night but ended up at Lewie's for a while instead. Though not a crab buffet we did eat at the Buckhorn across the Wyoming line while snowmobiling. Otherwise we cooked all our meals at the cabin.

Buckrub
02-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Of course he can...........once. No Father fights fair, so they always win.

Gunther
02-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Tell me you at least sledded up to Flag Mountain from there. I think that's about the purtiest place on that trail system. Don't look like I'll make it to the Hills this snow season but I will be there the end of April. Maybe try Harney this year again since the leg works. Sure do miss that area.

Bwana
02-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Sorry Gunther but we did not go to Flag Mountain. Matter of fact had never heard of it until you mentioned it but after looking I do see it on the trail map. Can a person hike to it in the summer?

The family and I did Harney Peak a couple of summers back while camping in the hills for a week. Kind of cool that you can see the President's hineys from up there.

BarryBobPosthole
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
What's the current status of old Crazy Horse? They had his face but that was about it last time I saw him. they were supposed to work on his feather and his arm next I think.

BKB

Bwana
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Wasn't down that way Posthole so don't have a clue. Given the pace at which things progress with that statue, my guess is that you could look at the picture I sent you a couple of years ago and things are likely about the same.

Gunther
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm out there about 4-6 times a year. Don't think it's changed in the last 20 years.

It's theys livin'. If'n it gets done they'll lose money.