PDA

View Full Version : Zzzzzzzz ........ zzzzzzzz ........ zzzzzzzz

Thumper
03-09-2021, 08:51 AM
Zzzzzzzz ........ zzzzzzzz ........ zzzzzzzzz ........

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2021, 09:24 AM
You’re buzzing again, Daryl.

BKB

Bwana
03-09-2021, 09:58 AM
Is that the sound your out of balance antique fan makes?

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2021, 10:20 AM
:laughing

Thumper
03-09-2021, 10:48 AM
It’s just a bit saddening to realize .... and have to admit this place is dying on the vine. We discussed keeping it going a while back, but I’ve pretty much dropped the ball and haven’t followed through with contacting Cappy’s son to see if he could dig up the info needed for renewal. Even then, we still have the fees to consider, just to keep the site alive for the 5-6 of us who still post here. Maybe throwing in the towel and following Len’s Facebook suggestion is more feasible (???). My main concern is, a while back, Q/A mentioned going back and reading old posts. I’ve started doing the same the last few months and it’s almost addicting .... or maybe “intoxicating” is a better word. The problem is, I get so involved, I’ll spend hours “surfing” and don’t get anything accomplished. Didn’t Ticboy mention something about there being a way to transfer previous posts to Facebook (or possibly some other similar platform)? We lost everything when we dumped Orion’s old site. I’d hate to see our little treasure trove of memories lost forever.

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Just do it Daryl. We can at least do what we can to keep it going until something slips or comes untied otherwise. We have enough stuff in our lives we can’t effing control right now. Let’s take care of the shit we do have control of.

BKB

Thumper
03-09-2021, 11:37 AM
I hate to admit it, but that pretty much mirrors my thoughts. Eventually, the decision to pull the plug will have to be made by “the last man standing”.

DeputyDog
03-10-2021, 08:40 AM
I know that Len says that a private group on Facebook is really “private” but I don’t really feel comfortable posting some of the things that we talk about here on Facebook given the current culture and my career. Things have a way of being taken out of context and I would hate to have someone comb through everything I’ve posted here looking for something that might be considered “offensive” or politically incorrect.

It might be misguided, but having the cover of a username here on our little hidden away site makes me feel more comfortable. What I mean by that is someone would really have to do some digging to tie me to this site since I don’t post under my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
03-10-2021, 09:35 AM
An example is that I wouldn’t share or post this on Facebook.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210310/8b11baacd7e003f5ebab7b8a3b85631a.jpg

Thumper
03-10-2021, 10:04 AM
I know that Len says that a private group on Facebook is really “private” but I don’t really feel comfortable posting some of the things that we talk about here on Facebook given the current culture and my career. Things have a way of being taken out of context and I would hate to have someone comb through everything I’ve posted here looking for something that might be considered “offensive” or politically incorrect.

It might be misguided, but having the cover of a username here on our little hidden away site makes me feel more comfortable. What I mean by that is someone would really have to do some digging to tie me to this site since I don’t post under my name.

Deppity, you make an excellent point. I'm not a huge fan of Facebook either, but do have a page set up ... I think I look at it once or twice a year ... one of those times would be every January when I receive an emailed notice of birthday wishes that have been posted.

I watch a lot of crime shows on tv and I always remark to Lynn that one of the easiest law enforcement jobs these days must be Detective. Some of those shows make it look like any Boy Scout with half a brain could solve 90% of the crimes committed. They do the usual preliminaries, talk to witnesses and take crime scene photos ... then science and technology does the rest.

Ballistics will identify the gun.
DNA will identify the perp. and who actually fired the gun.
There will be video of the perp traveling to/from the crime scene and many times video of the crime itself including lic. # & photo of the vehicle and close-up face shots going through a toll booth or using a victims ATM card at a bank or Convenience store.
Cell phone records confirm (or refute) a suspect's alibi or lead to witnesses whom he/she called around the time of the crime, etc. Who needs a GPS tracking device? Just follow the pings off the cell towers and you'll know everyplace he's been!
And THEN there's always Facebook. They'll find photos of the perp wearing the same clothes he wore while committing the crime and will be posing like a gang-banger thug holding the actual murder weapon. Oh! What's that? Here's a photo of him wearing the ring and pimp necklace stolen in a recent burglary! Add another charge!

Oh, and don't forget Wally World! EVERYBODY goes there and they ALL get busted by the elebenty-bazillion high quality images from every conceivable angle from the parking lot, to the entrance, to the store isles to the cashier taking the money for those rubber gloves, gas can, ski mask, butcher knife, plastic trash bags, plastic storage containers and the chainsaw (to cut up the body so it'll fit into the container), then, last but not least, the shovel to bury the container full of body parts! :)

Crime solved!

Chicken Dinner
03-10-2021, 10:32 AM
I’m with you 100% Deputy and for the same reasons. A private FB group is only private until an Administrator clicks a button to make it public. I don’t think anyone would do it on purpose, but accidents happen. Also, what FB does with your data, even on a private group, is anybody’s guess.

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2021, 11:00 AM
Guys, you could be missing out on your big chance to go ‘viral’! Ya know, like that Shaman dude.

BKB

Thumper
03-10-2021, 12:48 PM
Yep, this is a reminder that we've had this discussion before and I'll revert back to my initial opinion ... I don't care one iota for the Facebook suggestion. Back to plan A.

Anybody here want to volunteer to do the legwork? :huh