BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2021, 01:21 PM
https://blog.nature.org/science/

Thumper
03-09-2021, 04:29 PM
ANOTHER great guy who never checks in anymore. :(

DeputyDog
03-10-2021, 09:53 AM
Speaking of not checking in, where has Muddy been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2021, 10:10 AM
I don’thave any of his contact info. If anybody does, maybe someoneshould check on him? He’s prolly on a muddy crappie hole somewhere drowning minners.
BKB

Thumper
03-10-2021, 10:13 AM
I've been meaning to ask the same question a dozen times, but when I think of it, I'm never at the computer. I don't know where that rascal has been lately. I think I might have his phone number here someplace, not sure.

quercus alba
03-10-2021, 10:14 AM
After Larke died Eddie slowed down and posted only sporadically and then after Biden took office he has practically stopped posting altogether. I saw him logged in late one night a couple of weeks back

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2021, 10:15 AM
Not sure what Biden has to do with any of us, but whatever.

I just hope he’s okay.

BKB

Thumper
03-10-2021, 10:19 AM
He may be laying low. I think I saw an image of him sniffing the seat cushion on Pelosi's office chair during the Capitol riot. ;)

Thumper
03-10-2021, 10:22 AM
Ya' think ol' Muddy and Airbud finally came out of the closet and runded oft together?

quercus alba
03-10-2021, 10:27 AM
It looks like his last post was Jan 21.

Politics are an emotional subject ......more for some than others. I don't know if that had anything to do with his disappearance but it seemed like he was awful bitter about some things that were happening. I am too, but I had a wise man once told me " friends are hard to come by, good friends even harder. Don't let politics cause you to lose one."

I've found that to be excellent advice

Chicken Dinner
03-10-2021, 10:29 AM
That’s good advice, QA. I actually enjoy hanging around people who see the world differently than me as long as we can both keep our “arguscussions” in good fun.

Thumper
03-10-2021, 10:35 AM
Politics ran Sunshine off ... but she was a bit "over the top" with her opinions (TOTALLY sucked in by QAnon).

I just texted Muddy. If I don't get a response, I'll try calling. With this Covid mess going around, ya' just have to worry when someone suddenly drops off the radar.

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2021, 11:02 AM
Like you’re not? Over the top I mean?

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2021, 11:13 AM
I’ve decided that I’m a big fan of democrats until they get elected. Then I remember that, like that guy said in ‘Silverado’, “I thinks there’s only two of them up there and this asshole is one of them.”

Rinse, lather, repeat.

BKB

DeputyDog
03-10-2021, 11:33 AM
I’d guess you’re like a lot of people who don’t vote “for” Democrats but vote “against” Republicans.

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2021, 11:38 AM
No, not really. But the Democratic Party has been a mess for as long as its been in existence. They are like the loud neighbors who fight all the time right out in public.
I consider myself fiscally conservative/socially liberal I guess. Like this pension fund bailout that’s a part of the Covid Bailout. Man I think it’s ludicrous to bail out these funds becauyse they were mismanaged. but then again, there’s ten million people out there that are depending on those funds to survive. They did nothing wrong. So, see? The liberal part of me says we have to bail them out. ONCE. We also need regulations over those fuckers. But there again, that’s not a conseervative approach at all.
I’m all messed up. But I’m stubborn about it!

BKB

Thumper
03-10-2021, 12:45 PM
I hate to say it, because I will be stepping on a few toes here, but what REALLY gets my panties in a wad is the subject of student loan forgiveness. Ya' think I could get a car loan forgiven? I know I signed a contract ... but these are trying times.

The reason for a student loan is to get the education to make more money (GENERALLY ... I KNOW there are exceptions, teachers for example). Hang that piece of paper on the wall that certifies you're now a professional and take the extra money you make (over and above someone with a h/s education) and pay off the loan YOU promised to pay back. Crap! I think we've been down this road before, so I'm just repeating myself. Sorry.

Thumper
03-10-2021, 01:01 PM
Just received this from Mudward:

"Yep, been doing just fine. I've been moved over to compliance and security and don't have as much free time. I thought I was retired 5 years ago, but they keep calling me back. ;)

Thanks for checking on me."

Chicken Dinner
03-11-2021, 07:13 PM
Glad to hear he’s doing okay.