PDA

View Full Version : Sippin' Whiskeys...

Niner
02-19-2013, 01:22 PM
We went up to KY this past weekend to see my daughter. This was the FIRST trip we've taken in 2 years that did NOT involve a doctor's visit. :headbang

So....we took a little side trip to the Jim Beam distillery whilst we was there. I wanted to take the tour of the plant, but since it involved an hour of walking.....I decided I might had better wait on that until I get my stamina built up more. BUT, that did not stop us from visiting the test tasting house!!!

I hadn't realized that Beam made so many different bourbons. They are coming out with one called Jacob's Ghost, which is a white (clear) whiskey. Pretty tasty.

I also tried their Black Double Aged. Now that is one smoooooth bourbon. Yesssss.
http://www.jimbeam.com/images/homepage/slider-black.jpg

However the big surprise for me was their Red Stag Bourbon. It is infused with flavors. The ones I really liked were the Spiced Cinnamon (sort of like drinking a Red Hot or an Atomic Fire Ball), and the Black Cherry. I really didn't think I'd care for the Black Cherry, but it kinda sorta reminded me of Cap'n's Cherry Juice. Both are verrrry smooth, flavorful, and could be a little dangerous.

http://www.jimbeam.com/images/homepage/slider-redstag.jpg

I've been meaning to get some of that Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey that Larke's been braggin' on, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Chicken Dinner
02-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I've only tried the black cherry, but a couple fingers of that poured over crushed ice is mighty nice.

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
I will have to check that blackberry stuff out. Niner, did you sample any Booker's bourbon while you were there? Its about the only Jim Beam distilled whiskey that I really like. Its a tad spendy too.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-19-2013, 03:09 PM
BBP - that stuff is as close to cherry juice I've found in a taxed liquor.

Bwana
02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Tried some Evan Williams Cherry Bourbon this weekend and thought it was pretty good.

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 04:29 PM
The only flavored whiskey (I don't really drink bourbon) I like, besides wilderberry and cherry juice, is Jeremiah Weed Bourbon Liqueur. It isn't a flavored whiskey per se, but its got a sweetness to it you don't find in sour mash. It is just a tad short of fabulous in a flask, standing in a river after just releasing a fish.

BKB