PDA

View Full Version : HBO Documentary on Qanon

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2021, 11:16 AM
I watched the first two episodes of a documentary called “Into the Storm” about the history of Qanon and how it spread.
I have a family member, an inlaw, who started sending me ‘Q drops’ , usually in the form of youtube videos about two years ago. I never opened a single one of them, mainly because of the nuttiness of what my family member was telling me about mass arrests and economic upheavals and public executions, andit was really really wierd. Same guy also invested heavily in Bitcoin claiming he’d make enough to retire by Dec ‘19. Hint: he didn’t. He lost his ass. Still sending Qdrops, still pimping virtual currency, and its gotten to the point where he is essentially estranged from the family because of it. I had to unfriend the guy and cut off all communication because of it. And i love this person, he’s a close member of my family ffs.
From watching this documentary, they said this ishappening all across the country. And from what I’ve just seen in two episodes, if you or someone you know believes in this shit, it’s even weirder than you can imagine. The people heavily involved in it are making good livings off of it too.
Remember Postholes Postulate: Whereever there’s money there’s assholes.
Its an interesting phenomenon. PT Barnum was right.

BKB

quercus alba
03-30-2021, 01:13 PM
I read one paragraph on Wikipedia and decided I don't need that much nuttiness in my life. At least if I need a cabal of Satan-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles that are running a global child sex-trafficking ring then I'll know where to look now

Maybe I'll go clean out my tacklebox, that's about all the foolishness I can handle in one day.

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2021, 01:31 PM
It’s weird as all get out. But unfortunately it’s a part of my life and my grandkids lives whether I want it to or not.

BKB

Hombre
03-30-2021, 01:33 PM
How the hell did he lose money on bitcoin? Back at that time it had to be in the 4 digit category like 6-7K its 59K today

Hombre
03-30-2021, 01:33 PM
QANON and ANTIFA were made for each other

Penguin
03-30-2021, 04:29 PM
I honestly never really knew much of what that whole thing was about. What I did know told me it was horseshit.

The whole nation seems to have no resistance to conspiracy theories. Even a lot of factual things get buried under so many tons of bullshit that you just have to quit listening.

Qudos for trying to wade thru it. I ain't that strong. :p

Will