PDA

View Full Version : The way to a good relationship ....

Thumper
03-31-2021, 07:23 PM
... is to learn how to compromise.

Lynn and I decided to have a relaxing day and take a cruise up the coast to St. Augustine. It was a beautiful, stress free drive with perfect weather. I had a dual purpose as I was planning to stop by Cappy's beach house (in St. Augustine) and let the family know it's condition since nobody has been down there since Cappy's passing.

Well, along the way, Lynn and I decided we'd like to find a place to stop for lunch. We were in an area that was sparsely inhabited for the most part. We discussed what we'd like to eat ... I wanted barbecue and she wanted sushi. Ummm, we DEFINITELY needed to find some sort of compromise. BUT .... shortly after that discussion, I saw a roadside sign off in the distance ahead of us. From that distance, I couldn't read the smaller print, but made out the big letters "BBQ"!

Once I reached the parking lot I whipped in and drove up to a parking spot right at the front door of the place. WOW! A cool place right on the water and it couldn't have worked out more perfectly! I felt like Cappy was with us, I could have my BBQ and Lynn could have her sushi!! A win/win/win IMHO! Tell me I don't know how to keep my woman happy! :thumbsup

Hombre
03-31-2021, 08:41 PM
That's cool! At least you know one way to keep a woman happy.

Thumper
03-31-2021, 08:44 PM
Hey ... it's an art I've been perfecting for many years. You know the old saying ... "Happy wife, happy life". ;)

I should add, she wasn’t totally happy with my choice of lunch spots, but she’ll get over it. ;)

Bwana
04-01-2021, 02:30 PM
Very cool!