PDA

View Full Version : We've always said "registration" would lead to this ...

Thumper
02-19-2013, 06:03 PM
... of course it's in California. What'cha think? I'm curious.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-gun-recovery-20130219,0,5853388.story?track=lanowpicks

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 07:04 PM
I agree its a bit scary, but why wouldn't we sieze property that's illegal? Isn't that just enforcing current laws that we all the time say need to be enforced?
BKB

Buckrub
02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I think I agree with Posthole here.

Sunshine
02-19-2013, 08:06 PM
:D

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm neither a felon, nor am I crazy. Deranged people are legal to own firearms. so are all apologists and nincompoops. I am in fine company. So there ain't no reason to come and get them.

BKB

Buckrub
02-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Who's going to come get them? SCOTUS has ruled I can own them. Nobody is going to overthrow the Government. So who is going to come get them?

Listen, we Conservatives have enough serious, real enemies to fight to preserve a good culture that we do NOT need to go around fighting straw enemies. Stop making up stupid worries and fight against what is really hurting us.

And by the way, IF IF IF IF IF the U.S. Government decides to go door to door with a big old truck and pick up guns, you and every other person in this entire country will give them up. I promise that is true. You (and I) can kick and scream and fight all we want, but we WILL give them up. They have tanks. And air to surface missiles. And fully automatic weapons. If they point all that at my wife, I'll give them whatever they want, AND SO WILL EVERY OTHER AMERICAN THAT IS CURRENTLY BREATHING. Saying you won't is stupid. Of course you will.

But to even have such a conversation is nuts. That ain't happening. Ain't nobody dislikes the Federal Government more than I do. You couldn't possibly!!! But even I know worrying about that in the near future is stupid. Yeah, we need to stop electing politicians that WANT to do it...........and I do agree that many of them WANT that....but it ain't happening in my lifetime. The sooner you buy into that, the sooner you can spend your energy fighting the real battles that we need to fight to retain our culture.

yellowk9
02-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Everyone is worried about establishing "gun registration". As far as I'm concerned that was established the moment they instituted background checks. Obviously somewhere there is a database containing the name of every gun purchased via a dealer with a Federal Firearms License. How else would they be able to round people up based on purchases dating back to '96? We have to have some kind of background check to keep violent felons and the mentally ill from going to retailers and buying guns (even though they'll get them by other means). I'll accept that. Unfortunately, once you or I undergo that same background check, we are putting ourselves on a list that could be used in the future to round up guns from EVERYONE in the event such laws were passed. I tend to believe like Bucky that that will not happen in the near future. However, a few more Sandy Hooks and who knows what our "leaders" will come up with????:banghead I own quite a few guns. Some purchased from dealers and some from friends or family. You can bet I know which are which. IF the day comes, I will have "sold" all the ones I bought from dealers and as for the others? Well, they never existed :wiggle I may "turn in" a few of the ones they know about just to get the heat off my back :moon

Buckrub
02-20-2013, 10:50 AM
So what about the 40 firearms that I could have inherited from my Father in Law that might be in my safe, that were bought from 1950 till 1980 that are legal but not registered?

When they successfully institute a way to begin 'registering' those guns, I will at that time begin to worry. Waterproof Gun Caskets will become all the vogue.

yellowk9
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Oh, I already have the plans in my head for a "waterproof gun casket" to be buried at some discreet location. The bad part is, if it ever came down to that you might as well turn them in. It would get to the point that any gunshot would be reported by the neighbors and those hoarded guns would only sit there in the ground unable to be used (unless some sort of civil war broke out). Let's just hope none of that ever happens.

Buckrub
02-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Civil War seems inevitable.

I pray it's the bloodless kind.