PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bubba ....

Thumper
04-23-2021, 07:58 AM
We had our "Sun & Fun" Expo down here last week after being cancelled last year due to Covid. As usual, the turn-around area for the airshows was right over my house, so I get my own private airshow every year from my pool deck. I assume some of the smaller craft use the lake as a visual, I dunno. Anyway, the Blue Angels were flying their new F-18 Super Hornets for their first public appearance. I assume you'll get a peek at them when the Cherry Festival hits this year.

jb
04-23-2021, 09:04 AM
Would love to see them, but the Air Show is canceled for the second year in a row due to Covid.

Thumper
04-23-2021, 09:06 AM
Well that sucks. You prolly won't miss the crowds, but I'm sure the community will miss the income. Maybe next year.

DeputyDog
04-23-2021, 10:08 AM
Two years ago we went to Gulf Shores for Spring Break and went to see the Blue Angels practice then later that summer, the Thunderbirds performed at an air show close by so I took my son to see them also. He preferred the Angels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
04-23-2021, 10:15 AM
At our particular show, the Blue Angels are pretty much a regular, but occasionally we end up with both the Angels AND the Thunderbirds! Now THAT is a show and a half! Those guys put on a heck of a show and it's always my favorite event.