PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Sprint, Damn you Inbev!

BarryBobPosthole
02-20-2013, 10:01 AM
They renamed the dad gum Budweiser Shootout at Daytona the Unlimited or something like that and I totally friggin missed it. Isn't that the name of a store at the mall?

These changes make an older guy grouchy.

BKB

DeputyDog
02-20-2013, 10:36 AM
I bet you can't wait to watch the Grand National race then the Winston Cup race either. Crumudgeon! :poke

Thumper
02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Was fun watching that TOYOTA edge out one of NASCAR's best Chevrolet drivers for the win! :D

Buckrub
02-20-2013, 11:04 AM
That's nothing. They took $212 out of my piddling retirement check for reasons I cannot express due to my heart condition!!

Thumper
02-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Huh?? Was that the ultimate thread hijacking? Oh well, this IS Good Hunting! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
So was this the twin Bud shootouts they used to have? What happened in the second race?

and is Harvick driving a Yota now? so RCR has gone over to the dark side too?

BKB

Thumper
02-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Ha ha ha! Just egging you on. I missed it too. Figured I'd talk about last year when I knew what the damn race was called. I'm all cornfuzzled these days also. Is Daytona still called "Daytona"? ;)

Buckrub
02-20-2013, 12:51 PM
No, it's "NightPounda". And it's not in Florida anymore.

(Geez)

BarryBobPosthole
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
In the 'New Nascar' they probably let the fans decide what to call it now. I hate it.

speaking of 'old' Nascar, did you catch the Richard Petty special they had on Speed channel this week? It was good.

I'm not sure I would like him if I just met him on the street. But the guy is legend. And of the character that the legends all had. These guys these days are pussies compared to the Pettys and Earnhardts and Allisons of the day. Petty told a story of racing with a bunch of bones broken in his right foot and they fixed him up with a special pedal. No way that'd happen now. and they went FASTER than they do now.

BKB

DeputyDog
02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
That wasn't the "Bud shoothouts", it was a gimmick race featuring last years pole winners and maybe race winners. I think they call them the Gatorade duels now or maybe that was the previous name. Hard to keep up. Funny how they will sell out for money. I still can't believe that the Brickyard 400 is now the "Crown Royal presents the (place your name here) 400 at the Brickyard".