PDA

View Full Version : A personal rant ... and a question for Q/A

Thumper
05-02-2021, 08:53 AM
Do we get curmudgeonly with age? Or is it just that we've lived long enough to know total idiocy when we see it and have less patience for ignorance? For the past few days I've witnessed what leaves me to believe a vast majority of the present population has the mental capacity of a carrot ... or possibly a potato at best. I won't go into details because I don't believe we have enough bandwidth here to support the Thump post it would turn into, but we've been traveling and have crammed a LOT into the few days we're out of town. During the day, we've done something we rarely do, but since we were so busy and had time constraints, we zipped into a Burger King for a quick lunch on Friday. I have to say, I've never seen so much dumbassery in my life as what I witnessed from the employees (who's average age must have been approximately 18). I'm talking pure ignorance ... from EVERYBODY! Yesterday, we were still rushing around like banshees and stopped for a quick meal at McD's. It made our previous stop at BK seem like Mensa meeting! All I could do is shake my head and think, "So THESE are the mushroom brains that are demanding a $15/hour minimum wage?" I honestly had to stand there and wonder how they figure out how to get dressed in the morning without mommy's help!

To make matters worse, since that stop at BK on Friday, I became more curmudgeonly than usual and started observing the dumbassery I've been surrounded with all weekend. It's running rampant and I'm really, really, REALLY worried about where this country is headed if THIS is what we now have to offer to the world! We've made a bazillion stops over the past few days and I've become obsessed with observing both employee as well as the general population's conduct around me. I swear, the average IQ in this country must be dropping like a rock ... either that, or our system of education is a dismal failure. It concerns me that our future depends on a huge group of virtual morons who may possibly have a lower intelligence level than a primordial sea slug.

Oh, I almost forgot my question for Q/A! Mr. White Oak .... would you happen to have a spare room for rent? Something tells me we'd get along just fine.

quercus alba
05-02-2021, 10:11 AM
Well maybe soon. I had a cat got up under the house and died right under the guest bedroom. We didn’t know it was there until it was too late. It’s sealed off for a couple of weeks or so.

Does dead cat funk bother you?

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2021, 10:17 AM
Well, if you want facts Mr IQ, I’d refer you to the Flynn Effect. It says the average IQ has risen almost in a straight line from the early 40’s when they started measuring to now. It rises about 3 points per decade
But intelligence aint got nuttin’ to do with common sense and its getting scarcer and scarcer. As many much smarter and wiser folks have said my entire lifetime. At one time in my life I suppose they were probably looking at me when that thought came to their mind. Still do prolly, but hopefully not as often!
Now that that’s out of the way, at least they’re working.

Have you ever noticed that when you eat at either one of those places you mentioned that you actually feel worse after you’ve eaten? We do eat burgers but not at those places or we make out own. Eating ouighta make you feel good! Afterglow for seniors!

BKB

quercus alba
05-02-2021, 10:37 AM
I myself figure that the IQ test are skewed in favor of those diagnosed with extreme dumbassery. Mongrelizing America

I blame George Bush

johnboy
05-02-2021, 03:09 PM
INEPTOCRACY - DEFINITION

Ineptocracy: (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy

– a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2021, 04:20 PM
.....just look who’s in control of Quality Control!
BKB

ps...I figured Thumper would know what this is.

jb
05-03-2021, 08:04 AM
Stopped at a MD on the way home Sunday, my order came to $11.79, I always have a bunch of loose change in the ash tray so told the wife to dig out 79 cents, (3 quarters and 4 pennies).
Handed the girl a $20 plus the change, figuring she'd just give me $9 back, I bet she took 3 minutes, counting change and placing it in the correct cup in the cash register. (only had 7 coins) then she handed me back the 79cents and $7 with a very pleasant "Thank You"
We were in the drive through lane so I just left shaking my head.

Thumper
05-03-2021, 12:06 PM
One morning a few years ago, Lynn wasn't feeling well and asked me if I'd pick up some sort of breakfast sandwich for her (don't remember what it was) as our nearest McD's is only 1 block from the house. I went through the drive-thru and ordered her sandwich. I ordered at the speaker thingy and by time I got to the window, the young gal informed me the breakfast menu ended at 10:00 and asked if I'd like to order something else. I glanced at my clock and it was like 10:03, so I guess I placed the order at 10:00 sharp and assumed she was joking. I just laughed, then continued waiting. That's when I noticed she was still standing there like she was waiting for me to order something else. I asked if she was serious and she said, "Yes, what I ordered is from the breakfast menu and they're now serving from the lunch menu!" I still couldn't believe she was serious, but asked if they might have some left over sandwiches from "breakfast".

She said she'll check. She left the window then came back and informed me they had two left. I said great and waited ... then noticed she was still standing at the window staring at me. "Ummmm, can I buy one of those left-overs?" She said she'll ask. She disappeared for a couple minutes, then returned and said, "Sure, you can buy one!" Again, she stood there like she's awaiting my confirmation so I told her, "Yes! I'd like one of those please!" She left, brought me my sandwich and I drove off shaking my head. I swear on a stack of bibles that's a true story.

Chicken Dinner
05-03-2021, 12:27 PM
Just playing devil’s advocate. But, maybe if they paid a living wage they’d be able to hire competent help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
05-03-2021, 12:36 PM
I don't know ... our politicians get paid a living wage, but I haven't seen much competency there.