PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Its Been A While

BarryBobPosthole
05-06-2021, 09:17 AM
NASCAR just released it next gen race car in their series. Other than some cosmetic differences to make Ford, Chevy, and Toyota team cars look like real production cars, aka ‘stock’ cars, IMO all this does is make NASCAR more like the IROC races they been since they made all the teams go to one platform.

They still don’t get it. And I still don’t watch. I’d watch an IROC All Star race, always loved ‘em. But not every damn weekend.

BKB

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36340288/nascars-reveals-ford-chevrolet-toyota-next-gen-racer/

Thumper
05-06-2021, 09:27 AM
I watched Daytona (dozed off a few times) and Talladega ... and I "think" Bristol (?) so far this year ... which is about the most races I've watched in the past few years. It's just not the same for me and once some of the driver's names started sounding like Indy car drivers, it got even worse. Nascar = Bubba / Indy = Giuseppe ;)

Bubba says, "That rotten bastard fucking put me in the wall!" ... then goes over to the pit to punch him in the face. Giuseppe says, "My competitor accidentally made contact and I nudged the barrier." ... then goes over to the pit to shake his hand.

Bubba drinks a beer when he wins, Giuseppe drinks milk.

Well, the above is how it USED to be until NASCAR started acting like Indy. :angry1

LJ3
05-06-2021, 12:29 PM
They still don’t get it. And I still don’t watch. I’d watch an IROC All Star race, always loved ‘em. But not every damn weekend.

BKB

They get it, they get you, they just don't care. The marketing model has changed and it ain't coming back. Any money they could have gotten from you, they already got. They're after a different wallet these days and it ain't in your pocket.

BarryBobPosthole
05-06-2021, 12:34 PM
You mean us Boomers are the target market for much of anything but used car warranties?

BKB

Thumper
05-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Expect an unsolicited call on your cell considering that warranty. They have your number Mr. Boomer.

DeputyDog
05-06-2021, 01:59 PM
You mean us Boomers are the target market for much of anything but used car warranties?

BKB

That, step-in tubs, consumer cellular, and whatever the hell Joe Namath is pushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
05-06-2021, 02:08 PM
Dang Deppity! Here I thought I was SD'ing and all you did was comment on junk sales calls. Man ... my SD'ing skills are really slipping these days. I miss Cappy's mentorship. :poke

Thumper
05-06-2021, 02:19 PM
See, you're learning. Once you get good at it with little or no prodding, you can earn yourself one'a these!

:GH Shit Disturber

Thumper
05-06-2021, 02:21 PM
Ha ha ha! Oooops! Sorry Deppity ... I accidentally deleted your last post! This place has been so slow lately, I've forgotten how the site works! (actually, I used the quote feature for my post and edited it, somehow deleting YOUR response!) Duh!

BarryBobPosthole
05-06-2021, 04:39 PM
That, step-in tubs, consumer cellular, and whatever the hell Joe Namath is pushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it’s FREE!

Trav
05-06-2021, 05:44 PM
Hey, I have been looking at those step in tubs they don’t look to bad.

LJ3
05-07-2021, 06:52 AM
And gold... Don't forget the "the world is ending, buy more gold" commercials.