PDA

View Full Version : This country is approaching total insanity.

Thumper
05-06-2021, 01:23 PM
Dr. Seuss, Civil War statues, pancake syrup, rice, et al. Where and when will this silly bullshit end? Now Disney is evil. They had to change the theme of Splash Mountain and the Jungle Cruise due to protests they are racist. Disney Plus can't air Dumbo or Peter Pan because they've been deemed racist, although they can still be streamed "with a disclaimer pointing out the evilness that they contain". The latest "uproar"? Snow White ... seems that disgusting Prince Charming kissed Snow White, without her consent, while she was sleeping. That sick, sick bastard!

Excerpt:

The classic Disney story goes like this: Snow White is poisoned by an evil queen and falls into a comatose state. That is, until Prince Charming’s “true love’s kiss” breaks the spell, and they live happily ever after.

SFGATE’s managing editor, Katie Dowd, and reporter, Julie Tremaine wrote an article explaining while the ride itself is “really good,” the famous kiss is problematic.

Dowd and Tremaine argue Prince Charming is shown kissing Snow White without her consent and it “cannot possibly” be true love.

“It's hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose to add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to a woman,” Dowd and Tremaine wrote in the article.

Bwana
05-06-2021, 02:26 PM
Bullshit on top of more bullshit. I sincerely hope that common sense becomes valued again at some point in the not-too-distant future or we are totally screwed.

Just my optimistic opinion regarding the current state of affairs.

Hombre
05-06-2021, 03:40 PM
My first thought was this can't be true, turns out it is. Second thought it came out of SF so not all that surprising.

BarryBobPosthole
05-06-2021, 04:46 PM
Bullshit on top of more bullshit. I sincerely hope that common sense becomes valued again at some point in the not-too-distant future or we are totally screwed.

Just my optimistic opinion regarding the current state of affairs.

Amen to that!
BKB

quercus alba
05-06-2021, 04:50 PM
Trump was wrong, we should have built the wall along the eastern borders of California, Oregon and Washington.

Penguin
05-07-2021, 07:42 PM
Approaching?

That made me smile.

Will

Arty
05-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Amen to that!
BKB

Amen and amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
05-08-2021, 07:56 AM
Well, there's nothing like consistency and you have to wonder how serious these "do-gooders" are. If you want to be good enough to earn a Good Hunting Shit Disturber medal, you're gonna have to be consistent and not allowed to pick and choose your battles. Here's an excerpt from the actual article this amateur shit-disturber wrote about the new Snow White ride:

The colors are punched up in a major way, and the new imagery is stunning, especially in the scenes where the Seven Dwarfs are mining for gems. Those scenes are reminiscent of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, a thrill ride that also includes a similar glittering mine scene.

https://www.sfgate.com/disneyland/article/2021-04-snow-whites-enchanted-wish-changes-witch-16144353.php

Really?? Izzat the best ya' gots? Shouldn't that read "Seven Little People"? I mean, come on! This IS 2021, correct? :stirthepot

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2021, 08:26 AM
I miss the good old days....

BKB

Thumper
05-08-2021, 09:39 AM
I'll have to admit, I did diddle around with a couple'a WAC's back in the day. I'd trained one of them on the Cambodian Mission and the three of us became close friends. It was ALMOST a threesome, but I guess one was gay and the other was bi. I was hoping to change their ways! The gay one played along "to a point", but drew the line when things started getting REALLY fun, dang it! Left me with a case of the blue balls! Believe it or not, they were both smokin' hot! What a waste. :banghead

They'd baked me a birthday cake and brought it to my hooch that evening, so we partied. For the record, they were both awake when the "tease" was in progress! Quite a bit stoned maybe, but at least conscious. The three of us in a big ol' papason chair working our way through a pile of Thai Stick is still a fond memory. I was the meat in the sammich. ;)

I actually found one of them on Facebook a few years back and we chatted for a while, but didn't really talk much about the "good ol' days" on the open forum.

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2021, 10:26 AM
That doesn’t disqualify you from being president these days.
BKB

Thumper
05-08-2021, 10:56 AM
Ha ha ha! And from the looks of the top of the female Democrat food chain, I don't think there is any way to be disqualified due to fugliness either! :hair

Thumper
05-08-2021, 11:00 AM
I miss the good old days.... BKB

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but doesn't that dude look an awful lot like the Lenster in his earlier days? ;)