PDA

View Full Version : Ok, listen up you bunch'a reprobates!

Thumper
05-11-2021, 10:42 AM
We had the long discussion previously and I "think" the majority of us decided we did NOT want to switch this site over to Facebook. Correct me if I'm wrong.

After elebenty-bazillion hours of back & forth b/s on the phone, talking to half the employees at Go-Daddy, plus hours of research and phone time with Larke's beautiful widow, I FINALLY got all of our site info updated and all payment obligations changed over to my trusty AmEx card. (a tough feat with no passwords, PIN codes, etc) I now have the site charges set up for auto-renewal, so there's no risk of unintentionally falling behind and losing the domain. It appears we have two domain names. I don't know why, because I'm not a techie, but I "believe" I remember something about keeping the old domain from the previous site (goodhunting.com), but having to start a new domain for Go-Daddy (goodhunting.info). I may be wrong as there was some sort of agreement between Gary Carty (Archer - previous owner) and Larke (Captain) that Larke would own the domain, but if Gary ever wanted it back, he had the option to take it over. (I assume that would be the goodhunting.com domain?) When I get a chance, I'll contact Gary and see if he can clarify all of that. I don't know if we could not transfer the .com over to Go Daddy, or if we just wanted to guarantee having the .info domain in case of a "hostile takeover" or sumpin'. (Hey, like I said, I'm no techie and don't have a clue how this all works ???) I do know that if any of the old crew checks in by entering our original domain, goodhunting.com, into their browser, it will automatically point them to goodhunting.info (our Go Daddy domain). If my technical terms are gobbledygook to youse techie type dufes, you can bite me. I'm doing the best I can here. ;)

Anyway, we have time (and a little bit of money left in the kitty) before our renewal is due (July 3rd), but here are the charges we can expect come July.

.com domain ~ $37.98 (two year renewal)
.info domain ~ $53.98 (two year renewal)
Go Daddy hosting ~ $119.00 (annual renewal)

We really haven't spent a lot lately, but our funds took a hit when Deppity's mom was killed in a tragic traffic accident and when we suddenly and unexpectedly lost Larke ... (funeral sprays) so if any of youse bozos decide to check out anytime soon, don't expect flowers! We're broke. ;)

Naaa, seriously, the Official Good Hunting Treasury balance stands at $92.25 at the present time, so we'll have a deficit of approximately $120.00 (I'm not sure if taxes are added to the above figures, or if they're already factored in)

So, between now and the 4th of July holiday, we need a minor fund drive. No rush, but the clock is ticking.

You can text or call 863-712-7291 (or use the message feature here) for my snail mail addy, or you can use my email (thumper1952@verizon.net) for PayPal, OR, you can just tell me to pound sand and I'll have to eat the charges. (or simply cancel the auto-pay) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2021, 11:11 AM
What did you do with all those funds you got from the PPP Loan?

BKB

DeputyDog
05-11-2021, 12:17 PM
He used them for other things, just like a lot of others who got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
05-11-2021, 01:04 PM
What did you do with all those funds you got from the PPP Loan? BKB

Actually, I applied for ... and received ... one'a those bazillion dollar small business stimulus payments by claiming this site as a business suffering losses due to Covid.

(But I spent all of it at KFC.) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2021, 02:00 PM
I will gladly pay you Tuesday....

BKB

Thumper
05-17-2021, 06:58 AM
I will gladly pay you Tuesday.... BKB

Ha ha ha! I missed this somehow. I wonder how many of the "youngsters" here got that? ;)

And here's a "Bite Me" from ol' J. Wellington hisownfineself!

DeputyDog
05-17-2021, 07:25 AM
I almost finished it with “for a hamburger today”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
05-23-2021, 07:54 AM
Ok, thanks to a few here, we're good to go for at least another year ... barring any unexpected emergency expenses. In typical Good Hunting fashion, the call went out for donations and that call was answered. You who contributed, know who you are and this small, dwindling community thanks you. BUT ... if we have anything pop up down the line, we're a bit light .... no, WAY light for an emergency buffer, as far as the account goes. The site is set up on auto-pay and linked to my AmEx, so we're good for now, but once the renewals get paid in July, we'll be down to $30 in the G/H bank account. Just so everyone knows, the emergency fund account is open for donations on a 24/7/365 basis. (I need fuel for the motorhome) ;)

Again, these are the upcoming July expenses, so next year (IF this place still has living, participating members), our deficit should be just under $100 barring any price increase by Go-Daddy.

.com domain ~ $37.98 (two year renewal)
.info domain ~ $53.98 (two year renewal)
Go Daddy hosting ~ $119.00 (annual renewal)

Thanks buttheads! :thumbsup