PDA

View Full Version : Fridays - I'm beginning to understand you retarde..retired people.

Bwana
05-17-2021, 05:51 PM
Though I definitely have thoughts about what life will be like as a retired gent, the past couple Friday afternoons have given me a better insight.

A couple of weeks past it occurred to me that I had a spring turkey tag and had yet to get out even though the season was a month old. Way too busy at work, combined with other commitments, and ranchers very concerned with the prairie fire threat that comes with the ongoing extreme drought we are experiencing up here were all contributing factors to my lack of hunting time. Long story short, after 4+ miles of walking, numerous river crossings, a handful of woodticks, and a couple of 3" 5 shot shells I was finally able to harvest my spring bird.

And then this past Thursday a friend asked if I wanted to take Friday off to go fly fishing for trout on an area reservoir. I said, "I sure do, but have meetings in the morning and have other obligations in the late afternoon." So did I stay home? Heck no, I drove an hour and a half to fish for two hours! Though we didn't catch anything big, I was able to land 5 different species of fish including: crappie, largemouth bass, and bluegill, as well as both brown and rainbow trout. Though my casting technique definitely needs more refinement and practice every now and then I'll have a cast that, at least for my skill level, is a thing of beauty which is often followed-up by one that lands 10 feet away. Oh well, it's always fun learning something new.

Now, what to do this Friday?????

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2021, 05:55 PM
Do it all over again! That looks likea NoDAK Grand Slam to me!

Great report!
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
05-17-2021, 05:56 PM
ps...you’re certainly dapper sporting that Panama. But still fugly.

BKB

Thumper
05-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Dang it! P-hole beat me to it. Nice bird and feesh, but the dude in the Panama could use some work! ;)

Chicken Dinner
05-18-2021, 05:50 AM
Good times! I’ve started to say dream more about retirement myself. Gotta get one more kid through college first though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
05-18-2021, 11:27 AM
Looks like a great time. Good on you for not letting work get in the way of everything!