PDA

View Full Version : MAD IS NOT THE WORD!!!

Buckrub
02-20-2013, 12:49 PM
I just got off the phone with some lady.........she starts off saying she 'represents medical people', and mentions Mother's car accident. She brings up a name of some other guy who might get involved who does (her words) "Diminished Value" of her car.

Say what?

She keeps going, talking fast, and I said "You WILL slow down, and you WILL answer a TON of questions as we go, or I'll hang up". Finally I get out of her that she represents an ACUPUNCTURIST.............. This lady had called Mother and told her that she HAD to come in and do some Xrays and all kinds of tests, and Mother THANKFULLY told her she'd HAVE to call me. She did, and I went off on her like a wild man. I told her she was a Charlatan, preying on old people that have had accidents, and if I was in front of her right now, I'd go to jail, cause I'd probably knock her out, and her Acupuncturist! And if this "Diminished Repair" guy calls, I'll drive all over town just to knock his teeth out.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DeputyDog
02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
It's absolutely rediculous who is able to get copies of the police reports on crashes. We got rear-ended a couple of years ago, and received half a dozen letters from injury attorneys after the crash. Funny since no one was hurt in either vehicle. I'd say that at least 75% of the info I have to put on a crash report is just for the insurance companies. :pissed

Thumper
02-20-2013, 07:40 PM
I experienced a similar thing after I got out of the hospital. If you'll remember, I was driving a truck when I initially went in to have surgery for a problem TOTALLY unrelated to my job. As you all know, the "routine" surgery turned into a total, frigging nightmare. Once I went on disability, I "voluntarily" resigned as far as the company was concerned. (it was part of the contract ... after 30 days leave, it's considered a voluntary resignation). I received elebenty-bazillion letters from different law firms in the Omaha, Nebraska area (where the company's home office is located) ready to sue the pants off the trucking company "FOR MY DISABILING ACCIDENT"!! The company or the job had NOTHING to do with it. A medical problem was found during a routine physical (luckily for me) and it fell apart from there. Actually, the "company" probably saved my life as the initial problem was found during my annual physical, by THEIR doctor. He suggested I see my regular doctor, which I did the following month and the root of the problem was diagnosed at that time. I suppose the attorneys simply assumed I was hurt on the job and my mailbox was suddenly crammed FULL of letters from different law firms wanting to represent me. Frigging vultures!

So, I guess it's more than simply accident reports they have access to.

Big Muddy
02-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Thump, since you mentioned it, what's the current condition of your back???

Thumper
02-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Healing very .... very .... VERY sloooooowly Edward. I have no clue if it'll ever heal completely or not. I'm "thinking" it will. The next step for surgery they proposed is a little too far "out there" for my liking, so I declined. The "routine" surgery almost killed me ... I really don't want to press my luck with the "very risky" surgery they proposed as the next step. I'm gonna try to simply "wing it" and see what happens. Thanks for asking Edward.