PDA

View Full Version : Heading out to pick up the baby!

Thumper
05-26-2021, 08:32 AM
Well, this is the day we're to pick up the RV. We have to finish up with the paperwork, go through a training session (learn about all the operating systems, etc), hand over the keys to my beloved Tacoma ( :crybaby ) and bring the new baby home. It's a 1-1/2 - 2 hr. drive up there and our appointment is at 11:00, so we're gonna hit the road and stop for a quick breakfast along the way. I need fuel, so don't forget to donate to the GoodHunting fuel f .... errrr, I mean TRUST FUND! ;)

BTW ... I bought my first pick-up in 1981 (Toyota) and have never been without one since. I think I'm starting to experience some sort of anxiety disorder. I can't explain it and it's prolly silly, but it's an empty ... almost scary sort of feeling and all I can think about is all the possible times I "MIGHT" need a truck! Weird. Anybody been there, done that?

BarryBobPosthole
05-26-2021, 08:38 AM
New paint is new paint buddy. Enjoy the day. Be sure to stop somewhere along the way home and inaugurate that bad boy. Its bad luck not to. In fact it’d prolly be good luck if you inaugurated it during the training drive.

BKB

jb
05-26-2021, 08:45 AM
Kribb's inauguration is a triple wipe dump that clogs the shitter. !!!!!

Chicken Dinner
05-26-2021, 02:17 PM
I think the word you’re looking for is “emasculated”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnboy
05-26-2021, 09:10 PM
Triple coiler with a DQ flip.

Thumper
05-27-2021, 05:40 PM
Bunch'a haters. :spank

johnboy
05-27-2021, 05:59 PM
So, did you get it home in one piece? Did you sleep in it last night? Black tank full yet? Seriously though, that is a nice unit. I've seen a few around and could see myself in one a those machines. Enjoy!

Thumper
05-27-2021, 06:32 PM
Ha! You're the third person who asked if we slept in it last night! Naaa, we were so beat once we got home, we crashed early.

I have found that just starting out from scratch, there's a LOT of little (and some big) crap I have to pick up before hitting the road. I'm just chipping away at the list right now. The hardest part is avoiding all the toys and gizmos I really don't HAVE to have. I did manage to put about 75 miles on the clock yesterday, including hitting rush hour traffic coming through Orlando/Disney. Drives great, but you DEFINITELY know when a semi whips by you!

BarryBobPosthole
05-27-2021, 07:17 PM
When you guys take off will be hauling all those pussy cats too?
BKB

johnboy
05-27-2021, 07:20 PM
There is no end to the stuff you 'need' when setting up an rv. Think new house. I'm sure Lynn will want all new dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, bedding etc., etc., etc. You're gonna 'need' all the mechanical shit that you just gotta have 'just in case' something happens. Been there and done that. Have fun with it all.

Thumper
05-27-2021, 10:16 PM
Naaaa, Lynn’s in “make do with what we have” mode, while I’m in more of the the “why put old junk in a shiny new motorhome” mode. :(

BarryBobPosthole
05-28-2021, 07:29 AM
Congrats buddy. That’s alwys exciting. Will you be out amongst the amateurs on Memorial Day? Ive always called Memorial Day around here Amateur Week because the last place you want to be in your boat this weekend is at a public ramp or on a public lake.

BKB

Bwana
05-28-2021, 08:13 AM
Congrats to you and Lynn on the new set of traveling' wheels! Enjoy!!

Thumper
05-28-2021, 10:23 AM
Congrats buddy. That’s alwys exciting. Will you be out amongst the amateurs on Memorial Day? Ive always called Memorial Day around here Amateur Week because the last place you want to be in your boat this weekend is at a public ramp or on a public lake. BKB

I'm with you and we always avoid most ANY traveling on the big holidays. I guess times have changed just a bit, but I've followed that policy for many years. "Back in the day" ... I always considered myself a professional and mainly avoided the holidays because there were too many AMATEUR drunks on the roads AND on the water. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-28-2021, 10:29 AM
I will never forget one Labor Day weekend Julie and I were heading north up Beaver Lake in Arkansas at a place called Horseshoe Bend if that gives you a mental picture of what that looked like. We were in my old Ranger and as we rounded a big bend coming the opposite direction were five boats all going pretty much the same speed and doing some sort of stupid formation thing. Right in the middle of the thing was a frigging jet ski. So needing to pick a hole, that’s the one I picked. Those idiots never moved a hair to let me through and mind you this is at 35 mph or so on the water.
So Memorial, July 4th, and Labor Day I leave to the stupid fuckers.
Makes me mad to even think about that memory. Scared us to death.
BKB

jb
05-28-2021, 01:18 PM
:withoutpics

Thumper
05-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Back in my working days, when we HAD to use our holidays (or waste vacation time), there was a group of us (most of us worked together) who would spend every Memorial Day weekend (we called it our “season opener”) and Labor Day weekend (we called our “season closer”). It was on the California/Arizona border and we’d camp (motor homes), along with 3-4 boats, on the California side. It was kind’a weird as it was Pacific time in camp, but Mountain time on the other side.

Anyway, a LAKE can get crowded as all get-out on a holiday weekend, but picture a narrow river with 1000-horsepower boats racing up and down the relatively narrow river .... many pulling skiers! I remember one weekend there was a young rich kid camped next to us who had a little boat with a fuel injected 454-cid Chevy motor. It was daddy’s boat that the little punk had on the river. You can get a good idea of how things looked if you search YouTube for “Memorial (or Labor) Day on Lake Havasu” (or something similar), then picture the same craziness on the river ends of the lake. Then picture a bunch of drunks in their little 15-footers running full blown Hemis racing each other up and down the river. Mix in a few nimrods with jetskis and you have a real madhouse! Believe it or not, we’d even float down the river in inner tubes with coolers of beer trailing us! (It was our young and stupid days that we should have never lived through, but I digress).

Back to the punk-ass little rich kid with daddy’s boat and motorhome. He came flying up to shore right in front of our canopy, nosed in, threw his bow anchor up on shore and he and his jerk-off buddies went up to the motorhome to party. We all looked at each other, grinned ear to ear (we ALL had the same thought), stretched back in our lawn chairs and waited for the inevitable. With 15-bazillion boats buzzing up and down the river, it took no time at all for the wakes to start crashing over the tiny little transom and we all cracked open a fresh beer as we watched the thing swamp and sink. ANY idiot on that river knows to beach their boats with the bow out. :)

Oh, BTW, until you’ve partied on the Colorado River during a Summer holiday, you’ve never seen the number of hot, nekkid chicks flaunting their ... ummmm ... “assets”. The party was actually well worth the aggravation, but I WAS way younger then. I seriously doubt I could handle all the ass-holery these days.

BarryBobPosthole
05-28-2021, 06:03 PM
We have a local lake, The Grand Lake O’the Cherokees, that is a big party lake. We have some friends who bought a 42’ Carver and spent their every available minute on their boat or partying around the dock, which they had decked out as well. They would tie up to a huge bunch of other boats in a place called, yep, Party Cove and drink their asses off. there are always tragic accidents in the wee hours on that lake. You couldn’t pay me to put a boat on it.

BKB

DeputyDog
05-29-2021, 08:45 AM
We used to go to Lake Cumberland for a week every summer with a big group and tent the big houseboats. The one we usually got was 85’ X 18’ with a 16 person hot tub on the top deck and twin water slides off the back. There is a place on that lake called 76 Falls and it’s a big party cove too. We usually avoided it but would cruise through on the jet skis for the scenery.

As far as my local lake goes, it’s one of the largest natural lakes in the state so every weekend gets a bit crazy with all of the weekend warriors coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
05-29-2021, 09:54 AM
I’ve spend two 4th of July weekends on Lake Travis down by Austin, Tx. Both times we rented a pontoon for the day with some friends and spent the entire day floating and drinking. Now I realize its in Texas, but my oh my those were some awesome times. And talent, oh my goodness gracious. More stars and stripes bikinis and topless and yes, bottomless babes than you can shake a stick at. Speaking metaphorically of course.

there was a time I loved that kind of stuff. I prefer the slow days on the lake nowadays!

BKB