PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha ha! This should be fun!

Thumper
06-03-2021, 10:56 AM
I have a good buddy here in town and we've been close friends for something like 32 years. He and his wife bought a travel trailer a few years back and are AVID campers now ... they even camp locally just to get out of the house. They were on the beach last weekend, but I wasn't ready for that sort of crowd yet as we'd only had the motorhome for two days and most likely couldn't have gotten a beach site on such short notice anyway. This weekend, they're camping here in town (only 15-20 mins from their house!). �� , they just LOVE the lifestyle. Anyway, we occasionally drive to where they are and hook up with them for a weekend cookout wherever they happen to be set up. We last did that two weeks ago.

Anyway, since they're camping here close to home this weekend, he called last night to see if Lynn and I could come by tomorrow evening for a cook-out. I told him we wouldn't miss it for the world! He actually set up yesterday and is staying until Sunday. He's the Parts/Service Manager at the local BMW dealership and is still working, although his wife retired the first of this year. She stays with the camper during the weekdays while he goes to work in the am and returns when he gets off work, then settles down for the weekend. This way, he doesn't have to burn any of his vacation time, but can still "get away".

Now, here's where the fun comes in. We haven't mentioned a thing about buying the motorhome and frankly, haven't even discussed an interest with either of them. I just called the campground and reserved the space right next to them for the weekend and will head over there tomorrow to set up. We just purchased the tow vehicle, so they won't even recognize it. The wife usually spends her days at the pool or cruising the nature trails on their lifted, modified golf cart, so I'm hoping to slip in and get set up unnoticed. I've collected a bunch of empty beer cans and Taco Bell wrappers to scatter around our site and will put some "south of the border" music on the outside speakers.

IF the wife should be at their site when we arrive and we get busted, I'll swear her to secrecy and have her call her hubby to inform him a bunch of crackhead gangbangers just moved in next door and explain what a-holes we are. If he should call the office to complain, they're in on it too and will play along with the ruse. All in all, it should be a fun time and either both of them ... or at least he, will be punked .... big time! ;)

Chicken Dinner
06-03-2021, 11:13 AM
Jesus, they invite you for supper and you stay for the weekend! [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
06-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Ha! Hey, I'll go ANYWHERE for free food and beer! ;)

Bwana
06-03-2021, 05:31 PM
Sounds like a great time.

We are heading out this weekend as well for our first time camping this year. They are now forecasting 102 so we are VERY happy we are going to have full hook-ups as the A/C is going to be a necessity.

Have fun Thump!

Thumper
06-03-2021, 05:38 PM
You too Bwana. Our ultimate goal is to do some cross country travel eventually ... and who knows, we may end up in your neck of the woods one of these days. I have no idea what to expect actually, but all I know is this darned money pit does nothing but depreciate as it sits in the driveway, so the only way I see to get my money's worth is to drive the wheels off of it. We'll see how that goes.

Bwana
06-03-2021, 06:03 PM
Sounds like a grand idea Thumper and something I would like to do someday myownself but I'm thinking we would need to downsize a bit before doing so. Pulling a big fifth-wheel all across the country for just Mamma and I is probably not necessary. On the other hand, it does allow me to sleep on the opposite end of the camper if the snoring gets too loud. ;-)