PDA

View Full Version : Kribbsy

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2021, 10:31 PM
I was thinking about it and it seems like the weekdays would be the best time for old farts like you to be RVing. You avoid the Millenial crowd that way.

BKB

Thumper
06-08-2021, 11:15 PM
Yessir, the same thought has crossed my mind. Our test cruise wouldn't have worked out well that way though. The friends we ended up camping with are a mixed couple. Ha! (She's retired, he's not) ;)

They camp during his vacation, but they have to do the weekend thing for most of their camping. It worked out perfectly as, after the holiday weekend when NO spaces were available, this particular campground was pretty much empty. The funny part is, they had no clue we'd even bought the motorhome (we never even told them we were looking). I knew what spot they were in because we were to go over and have dinner with them on Friday night. He worked Friday, but they had been set up since Wednesday. She stays there during the day, he gets up and goes to work in the morning, returns in the evening, then spends the weekend there. (they have obviously fallen in love with camping as their house is only 15-20 mins away from this campground ... about the same distance for us) Anyway, I was able to snag the space right next to them and we slipped in there and got hooked up without her recognizing us. Lynn wore a big scarf covering most of her face and I was on the opposite side of the M/H doing the hook-ups. We didn't get there until about 3:00 and he gets off at 5:00, so by time we got checked in, parked, hooked up and all settled in, it was about time for him to show up.

After he got there, I texted and asked him what time he wanted us there and he told me he's there right now and to head on over. I told him we'd be there in just a few minutes, then we walked over and knocked on their door. They acted surprised and asked where our car was, so we told him we parked "down the street" and walked over. He assumed we parked at the gate and we walked in (probably a 3/4 mile walk!). He told me to jump in his golf cart and he'd take me to get the car as I could park right in front of their spot. We drove about 100 feet and I said here it is and pointed to our toad (motorhome people-speak for "towed vehicle"). It was also new, so he didn't recognize it. By now, he was totally confused and even more confused when I told him it was our site! Lynn spilled the beans to his wife and they walked over to join us ... then we all had a good laugh and took a tour of the new digs.

The funniest part was, they showed us their phones and when we had first pulled in, she had texted him at work and said something along the lines of, "Can you believe this bullshit? The campground is practically empty and the f'ing front office actually assigned a couple of assholes to the space right beside us!" (it's a HUGE, 785 acre campground and was practically empty) ;)

He came back with some snarky comment and they were obviously pissed off! Mission accomplished! :thumbsup

It worked out perfectly and we had a great time. Another couple (also long-time mutual friends) came out for dinner on Saturday for their 40th wedding anniversary and we partied the night away talking about old times. I asked if they'd had rather gone out to someplace nice for their anniversary celebration and they said this was the best celebration they could have ever had! (we've all been friends for like 32 years)

But, I agree ... IF Lynn decides to officially retire, weekends or weekdays wouldn't make a difference to us and finding an open spot on weekdays would be easy-peasy.