PDA

View Full Version : I guess the Post Office needed another day off.

Thumper
06-16-2021, 09:15 PM
Anybody making big plans for Juneteenth? :crazy

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2021, 09:51 PM
I don’t know about the post office but I could sure use another day off! Whew!

BKB

quercus alba
06-16-2021, 10:10 PM
Is this something like Martin Luther King/Robert E. Lee day? Is there anything an old racist like me can celebrate instead?

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2021, 10:12 PM
Summer Solstice Eve Eve

BKB

quercus alba
06-16-2021, 10:20 PM
SSEE, I like it. Do I get to start a new tradition since it's a new holiday?

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2021, 10:23 PM
As long as it means we get to eat, yes.

BKB

Thumper
06-16-2021, 10:54 PM
I demand they make Festivus official! (For the rest of us)

BarryBobPosthole
06-17-2021, 07:22 PM
So QA, what are the rules for your Summer’s Eve festival?

BKB

quercus alba
06-17-2021, 08:02 PM
Bacon. Bacon and eggs for breakfast or you could substitute waffles and bacon, Double Bacon cheeseburger and fries for lunch or maybe a chicken bacon ranch pizza (not canadian bacon which is really ham) with something light for supper maybe a chef salad with bacon or a double BLT. Beverages of your choice.

Sex is optional but an afternoon nap is mandatory. Watch Tremors with Kevin Bacon right before bed and if I get the urge for munchies I'll break out the bacon bits

BarryBobPosthole
06-17-2021, 08:49 PM
What’s your stand on Canadian bacon!

Johnboy wanted to know.

BKb

Thumper
06-17-2021, 10:21 PM
What’s your stand on Canadian bacon!

Johnboy wanted to know. BKb

It ain’t bacon, it’s “ham medallions”. (Or “back bacon” to Johnboy) ;)

quercus alba
06-17-2021, 10:28 PM
Good on pizza but it’s not bacon. It’s great on ritz crackers with a little Mayo and sharp cheddar too

airbud7
06-17-2021, 11:24 PM
Bacon!, yum!.....qa you should write a country song about bacon!

quercus alba
06-18-2021, 12:08 AM
Sorry, I’m not a country kinda guy at least not what passes for country music these days

Chicken Dinner
06-18-2021, 07:55 AM
I’ll take my bacon anyway I can get it, belly, back, jowl, etc. I’ve lived my life by the motto that, if beer and bacon are wrong I don’t want to be right. I have the physique to prove it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
06-18-2021, 08:51 AM
Sorry Johnboy, but your bacon has been ruled as inauthentic, maybe even unpatriotic for the inaugural Summer’s Eve Eve.

And QA and I see eye to eye on today’s popular country. What ain’t fake is pop. Country music is quite siumply three chords and the truth. Jason Isbell does some good country, Chris Stapleton is blues and country which is where coutry came from. But there ain’t much beyond that.

BKB

Thumper
06-18-2021, 09:05 AM
I've never been a fan of Country music actually, but spent MUCH of my early youth in the racecar garage which was almost nightly. My dad wasn't really a fan, but most of the crew was and the radio (which was on 100% of the time) was always tuned to a "Country/Western" station (AM in those days). I like almost ALL music genre, but Country is near the bottom of the list. That said, I couldn't tell you the last time I heard anything even approaching the style music I was exposed to at that young age, unless it's some oldie-goldie video I stumble upon.

BUT .... I suppose the same could be said for most any genre ... I'm not really sure what "rock & roll" is anymore either. :huh

quercus alba
06-18-2021, 10:44 AM
I’ll take my bacon anyway I can get it, belly, back, or jowl, if beer and bacon are wrong I don’t want to be right, it’s my night to howl. I’m a wild wild wolf from Bitter Creek.

That right there is your country song AB

johnboy
06-18-2021, 10:54 AM
Gotta agree that back bacon isn't really bacon and I don't care much for it myownself. No fat! Missus likes that peameal bacon but I don't know why.

BarryBobPosthole
06-18-2021, 11:56 AM
Canadian bacon, stay away from me
Canadian bacon, mama let me be….

See what I did there? A song by a canadian about American……

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Sorry Johnboy, but your bacon has been ruled as inauthentic, maybe even unpatriotic for the inaugural Summer’s Eve Eve.

And QA and I see eye to eye on today’s popular country. What ain’t fake is pop. Country music is quite siumply three chords and the truth. Jason Isbell does some good country, Chris Stapleton is blues and country which is where coutry came from. But there ain’t much beyond that.

BKB

I’ll throw Tyler Childers on the good list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnboy
06-18-2021, 02:17 PM
But then again, it's the only 'bacon' that goes on Eggs Bennie.