PDA

View Full Version : Truth or Consequences

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2021, 09:58 AM
I think it is bizarre that the NC State Wolfpack made it all the way to within one game of playing for the national championship in the College World Series, only to be derailed because they couldn’t field a team due to covid protocols.
In 2021, we have players not getting vaccinated for the cause of the worse pandemic in 100 years.

I guess they exercized their rights.

BKB

quercus alba
06-26-2021, 10:15 AM
Reports are that 4 vaccinated NCST players tested positive and 2 unvaccinated players.

They should postpone the series and start it up after the quarantine period

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2021, 10:37 AM
That’s the reports. Must be a NC variant that hasn’t affect any of the other teams with vaccinated players in the NCAA.

I worked overseas like a ton of other people did. And got vaccinatedto go do it. I didn’t hear anyone consulting their politicians about whether or not they should get them. And we all got our shots because the consequences were we wouldn’t be putting beans on our table if we didn’t.

Stupid games win stupid prizes.

BKB

quercus alba
06-26-2021, 11:22 AM
The Covid vaccination debate is a slippery slope. I was vaccinated as soon as I became eligible but I know people in the medical field that refuse it. We don't know how effective it is yet. According to the CDC (if you can believe anything they say) the flu vaccine for 2019-2020 was only 45% effective. If taking a shot can increase my safety by 45% then I'm all for it. If you want to stand by your convictions that's fine too, just don't whine when they bite you in the arse. Everything comes with a price

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2021, 11:31 AM
If we don’t know how effective it is yet then to what do you attribute the decrease in deaths and cases?

BKB

quercus alba
06-26-2021, 11:44 AM
Liberal propaganda :poke

just kidding Posty, I probably should have said long term effects which seems to be the concern of the most vocal opposition.

Thumper
06-26-2021, 12:03 PM
Lynn and I were vaccinated as soon as we were eligible (Pfizer for me, Moderna for her). We spent last weekend with two couples ... all old-time friends. The subject came up and they .... ALL 4 of them ... were totally opposed to being vaccinated. It was all complete bullshit in their opinion. Lynn and I were amazed ... these people are no dummies and well educated. I guess it's just the state of the world and to each his own. One of the four has been vaccinated ONLY because his employer required it. I'm not really sure if that's legal or not, but if I owned a business, I'd feel like I should be able to demand any f'ing thing I want in that regard. I'll be damned if I'd be happy paying sick pay for anyone who caught Covid and were not vaccinated, but I suppose that horse could be beaten down from here to eternity.

I remember Basic Training in the military, we got a shitload of injections and it was like walking down an assembly line while being poked in both arms at every stop! I don't remember having the option of refusal. Even today, when we travel, I always check the CDC website to see what's going around (or what injections are required/suggested) for whatever countries we'll be visiting, and we get inoculated. We also get annual flu shots. So far, I haven't grown a third eyeball.

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2021, 12:14 PM
We’re all gonna find out soon that the variants will overcome the vaccinations in the rest of us. All thanks to the folks who refused to get vaccinated. If it was a smallpox variant they’d be lined up. In this case though, polticians know more, at least according to them.
BKB

Thumper
06-26-2021, 03:06 PM
I will say, I've never been to either of their houses (and they've all been friends of our for over 30 years) when their tv's were not tuned in to FOX News ... if that means anything. :huh

Chicken Dinner
06-26-2021, 04:27 PM
Something like 99.6%!of current hospitalizations are unvaccinated people. And, the infection rate among the unvaccinated is as high as it was during the winter surge. You do the math.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
06-26-2021, 04:43 PM
A very good friend of mine just recovered from Covid and he had been vaccinated. He spent one night in the hospital from dehydration.

I think there’s plenty of proof that the vaccine isn’t fail proof but I also think data shows the symptoms are much less severe if you do get it. Not bad odds in my book

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2021, 05:21 PM
You know, maybe that Darwin fellow was more of a noticer than we give him credit……..

BKB

quercus alba
06-26-2021, 05:35 PM
Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth”

And maybe not :banghead

BarryBobPosthole
06-27-2021, 10:30 AM
This is a great point!

BKB