PDA

View Full Version : I thinking I’m finally

quercus alba
07-13-2021, 10:08 AM
getting the hang of this retirement thing. Wife is out of town and I’m sitting on the porch enjoying the breeze and thinking deep thoughts......like lunch

quercus alba
07-13-2021, 10:12 AM
That would have been more effective if the picture was straight

BarryBobPosthole
07-13-2021, 10:31 AM
Nice view though. Have you noticed how many lightning bugs there are this year?

That’s a poser.

BKb

Thumper
07-13-2021, 10:33 AM
Hopefully, your first sentence will someday read: "I thinking I’m finally getting the hang of this picture posting thing." :smash

quercus alba
07-13-2021, 10:47 AM
Some nights you'll see lightening bugs everywhere then may go a month without seeing another then they'll be back. I wonder if they're like mayflies or lovebugs and have staged hatches. Right now we're in the midst of a major cicada hatch

Jim that's highly unlikely

BarryBobPosthole
07-13-2021, 11:14 AM
They’ve been thick here all summer. I dunno nothin bout birthin no lightnin bug babez.

The cicadas aren’t singing here yet, they’re late! But I saw a robin yesterday with one so they’re about to.

BKB

DeputyDog
07-13-2021, 11:32 AM
We had the Brood X hatch about a month ago. They were so loud you could hear them singing inside your car with the windows closed as you drove past a woods full of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
07-13-2021, 12:16 PM
Birddog andi were fishing yesterday and he got accidently collided in the face with a cicada killer. He may have peed a little bit. Didn’t get stung though. In fact we werejust saying neither of us knew anyone stung by one. It looks like it’d put a hurt on you.

BKB

quercus alba
07-13-2021, 12:33 PM
I found this on Wikipedia

“Although cicada killers are large, female cicada-killer wasps are not aggressive and rarely sting unless they are grasped roughly, stepped upon with bare feet, or caught in clothing. One author who has been stung indicates that for him, the stings are not much more than a "pinprick".[6] Males aggressively defend their perching areas on nesting sites against rival males, but they have no stinger.”

johnboy
07-13-2021, 01:02 PM
Pretty back yard. You musta been lying down when you took that first pic. :biggrin

Thumper
07-13-2021, 01:37 PM
He said he was SITTING .…. but I don’t know how he keeps from falling out of the chair or just sliding right off the porch! ;)

quercus alba
07-13-2021, 01:59 PM
He said he was SITTING .…. but I don’t know how he keeps from falling out of the chair or just sliding right off the porch! ;)

low center of gravity

Thumper
07-13-2021, 02:45 PM
low center of gravity

Yeah, same with me ... but mine's even lower ... just BELOW the waist! (and before you smart-asses chime in, I do NOT mean "Dunlop's Disease") ;)