Thumper
08-03-2021, 02:32 PM
Ya’ need to heat that gravy! ;)

quercus alba
08-03-2021, 02:33 PM
leftovers

airbud7
08-03-2021, 08:07 PM
I swear those were the same bowls mama had when I was a kid...

HideHunter
08-04-2021, 10:42 AM
not the foulest shit i ever put in my mouth - but would make the top three...

quercus alba
08-04-2021, 10:52 AM
Good. If everybody liked it as much as I did there would be a shortage and it would 12 bucks a lb instead of $1 a lb plus it's cheap catfish bait

Thumper
08-04-2021, 11:37 AM
I love liver and onions (usually with smashed 'taters), but don't care for chicken livers for some odd reason. (Lynn loves them) I will say, Lynn makes a damn good Rumaki and I'll eat the heck out of that stuff. I know that doesn't make sense, but whatever.

quercus alba
08-04-2021, 12:03 PM
A fried beef liver sandwich with mayo and cheese is equal to the nectar of the gods. Or a toasted open face liver sandwich drowned in gravy is pretty close

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2021, 12:05 PM
Chicken gizzards yes. Chicken livers no.

No filters for me. ITs like eating a catalytic convertor.

BKB

quercus alba
08-04-2021, 12:07 PM

BKB

you probably spider rig and live-scope too

Thumper
08-04-2021, 12:15 PM

BKB

DITTO! Loves me some fried chicken gizzards. Chicken livers? Barf material!

BarryBobPosthole
08-04-2021, 12:52 PM
you probably spider rig and live-scope too

Spiderrigging is too advanced and I can’t afford a live scope. I called an old life long fishing friend just a few days ago and he was telling me all about his new .humminbird unit and how well that livescope worked and he’d gotten his old Lund back inthe water. I asked him how long he’d been divorced. Just over a year. He didn’t ask how I knew.
BKB

HideHunter
08-05-2021, 11:04 AM
liver is my proof we all taste things differently.. Everyone who knows me knows it's just about the only thing I will not eat - and this includes anything that tastes like liver.. A couple year ago a buddy and I were dressing a deer. Told him I wanted the heart - he jokingly asked if I wanted the liver. I said, "Can't be any worse raw than it is cooked.. Hand it here." I took a big bite ala Dances With Wolves." fyi - #1. it is no worse raw as far as flavor.. #2.. You could not take a sponge and soak as much blood into it as you can raw liver. Every chomp squirted more blood.. I finally just swallowed.. I won't need to do that again..

Thumper
08-05-2021, 11:18 AM
It's well known here, I'll eat most anything ... or at minimum, TRY most anything, but raw oysters is one that I cannot fathom how anyone would want to eat. I've tried them ONCE ... and will never do it again. It's like sucking on a pig's snout and swallowing whatever you manage to dislodge. That said, I like most ANYTHING fried and could probably eat a deep fried Army boot ... but even fried oysters taste like shit to me.

Hombre
08-05-2021, 11:32 AM
I'm an oyster fan. Knowing you're a sushi fan how do you feel about UNI?

Thumper
08-05-2021, 01:46 PM
Only had it once. Got’ta admit, it sucked imho.

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2021, 03:35 PM
Julie is a big fan of liver and onions and talked me into trying a bite once. That bite grew in my mouth until I didn’t think it was all going to spit. I had to go spit it out.

BKB

airbud7
08-05-2021, 09:38 PM

BKB

hahahaha!.....now that's a good/funny analogy!