quercus alba
08-06-2021, 11:09 AM
College Football News Top 25

1. Alabama Crimson Tide
2. Oklahoma Sooners
3. Clemson Tigers
4. Georgia Bulldogs
5. Ohio State Buckeyes

This looks about right to me, the order may change but when you look at the teams below them, who's gonna step up?

6. Texas A&M Aggies
7. Iowa State Cyclones
8. Cincinnati Bearcats
9. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
10. North Carolina Tar Heels

I think the Aggies are getting way too much love here. They lost ALL FIVE offensive linemen, their QB and best receiver. Give me a break. Of course nothing like a relatively soft schedule to cover up your flaws
I'm just not sold on Iowa st or Cincinnati, maybe I'm just old school and not accustomed to seeing them in the top ten in football.
no one should ever be surprised to see Notre Dame here regardless of record or talent, after all they are Notre Dame
Maybe, just maybe(Texas prejudice aside) old yellow teeth can coach a little bit

11. Oregon Ducks
12. Florida Gators
13. LSU Tigers
14. Wisconsin Badgers
15. USC Trojans

I think LSU and Florida are over ranked and the Trojans and the Ducks a little under ranked
Hard to say about Wisco, too many unknowns. They were absolutely decimated by injuries last year

16. Texas Longhorns
17. Penn State Nittany Lions
18. Indiana Hoosiers
19. Washington Huskies
20. Iowa Hawkeyes

I don't have a problem with any of these, although I hope Texas doesn't hit their stride until after the Hog game

21. Arizona State Sun Devils
22. Michigan Wolverines
23. Liberty Flames
24. Oklahoma State Cowboys
25. Miami Hurricanes

I like the Hermanator but I fail to see them as a top 25 team
Miami could move up if they replace D'Eric King with someone who can actually read a defense and throw the ball

more later

BarryBobPosthole
08-06-2021, 12:55 PM
As good a list as any. I expected Leach to get some love at MSU in the early poll. Word has it they might have a few things going down there that will shuffle the deck a little bit. Their bonafides are good as Oklie Doklie State to be in the top 25.

Iowa state is the real deal. Their qb is back for his Sr year and he’s a game changer. Their D is also pretty stiff. they’ll compete with OU again for the Big 12. Whoever else might, Baylor looks sporty, is yet to be seen.

You can put your money on Mack if you like. I wouldn’t. Ask Will Muschamp.

Token horns down statement: Be on Longhorn alert for ESPN to pimp them big time in the early polls. They in no way belong on the top 25. They’rein a Sarkisian trance. The Tea Sipper donors will eat his liver after Sept 11th, 2021 I predict.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
08-06-2021, 12:55 PM
As good a list as any. I expected Leach to get some love at MSU in the early poll. Word has it they might have a few things going down there that will shuffle the deck a little bit. Their bonafides are good as Oklie Doklie State to be in the top 25.

Iowa state is the real deal. Their qb is back for his Sr year and he’s a game changer. Their D is also pretty stiff. they’ll compete with OU again for the Big 12. Whoever else might, Baylor looks sporty, is yet to be seen.

You can put your money on Mack if you like. I wouldn’t. Ask Will Muschamp.

Token horns down statement: Be on Longhorn alert for ESPN to pimp them big time in the early polls. They in no way belong on the top 25. They’rein a Sarkisian trance. The Tea Sipper donors will eat his liver after Sept 11th, 2021 I predict.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-06-2021, 05:55 PM
I can’t argue with the top 5. I’ve been hearing Iowa State has a shot at OU this year from a lot of sources. But, I don’t follow either team enough whether it’s true or not. Screw Carolina and Tejas while I’m at it. Watch out for NC State this year. We’re deep at QB and our D is very experienced and talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-07-2021, 07:35 PM
Some good points.
BKB