PDA

View Full Version : Just curious ...

Thumper
08-08-2021, 09:33 AM
A previous post reminded me of this:

I've maintained a passport since I was 19 years old. I've always had the feeling EVERYONE should have a passport, whether you think you need one or not, but that's just me. Heck, I've even filled one up before and had to request extra pages, but I feel, even if you're not a heavy traveler, you should still have one. It bit my son in the ass years ago as I'd been harping on him to get a passport for many years and he just "never got around to it". Then he received a terrific, super high paying job offer, but they were in a huge rush and one requirement was he had to have a passport as the job required mostly overseas travel (including his all expenses paid job interview). They didn't have time to wait for him to get a passport, so he lost the opportunity. He DOES have one now, but I have to admit, I ragged his ass for MONTHS with the "I-told-you-so's"! :poke

My question is, do many ... or most of you have a passport?

DeputyDog
08-08-2021, 09:36 AM
That reminds me that I need to renew mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
08-08-2021, 09:42 AM
Ha! I got one for my son years ago when I took him to Thailand with me for his 21st birthday (he's now 38). Years later I mentioned the possibility of him taking a cruise with us, but he'd lost his passport (typical kid!) and didn't have time to get a replacement. That's when I started telling him how important it is to keep his passport current AND "protected"! (he has NO clue whatever happened to his original). Anyway, he never got the replacement and his original eventually expired, so he'd have to go through the whole process again to get a new one. That's when I started ragging on him and eventually the above scenario presented itself. He FINALLY admitted, "You were right all along dad!" (he now has one)

jb
08-09-2021, 11:01 AM
We do, just had it renewed last year for our Disney Cruise that was canceled, don't know if we'll ever use them, wife has become sort of a hermit about travel, mainly because of the 77 year old curmudgeon she has to haul along.

chadwimc1
08-09-2021, 02:24 PM
I've got a passport. Somewhere... The only stamps in it are from our trip to England a few years ago.

quercus alba
08-09-2021, 03:52 PM
here's Thump undercover during the VietNam police action

Thumper
08-09-2021, 04:50 PM
Yep, my old Abbey Road assignment! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Is that from your hippie days when you were busking around Liverpool for money for a pint?

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2021, 05:15 PM
And just curious, will you get a vaccine passport if they’re implemented?

BKB

Thumper
08-09-2021, 06:13 PM
Who you talkin’ to Willis?

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2021, 07:22 PM
The same people you were Maynard.

BKB

DeputyDog
08-09-2021, 07:56 PM
I've got a passport. Somewhere... The only stamps in it are from our trip to England a few years ago.

I was kinda disappointed in that regard from our European vacation a few years ago. We were in six countries, counting the Vatican, but with the EU, the only stamps we got were the entry and exit out of Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
08-09-2021, 09:22 PM
That’s how it is on a cruise. We can hit 15 frigging countries and come home with no stamps.

Bwana
08-10-2021, 06:24 PM
Even this far-northern dude has a passport.

BarryBobPosthole
08-10-2021, 07:31 PM
When I renewed mine I kept my old one because it was full of stamps. Not sure why. Posterity maybe.

BKB

Thumper
08-10-2021, 08:23 PM
Yeah, every once in a while I'll dig mine out and leaf through the pages. It's like a weird photo album and many of the stamps/dates bring back memories. I had a brown (I think?) passport cover in the military, but had to surrender it when I got out. It would be cool to still have it, but I'll admit, it was basically blank. Although I crossed quite a few borders, most of them weren't really "legal" crossings, so there weren't many stamps to speak of. ;)